[Suggestion] built in Hacks on Emerald Server

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BoSeefus, Jan 30, 2020.

1. BoSeefus

Now that Emerald hasn't moved to the new Equipment, maybe you can address the built in Hacks that a select few have access to on that Server?

In fact, do fair real audits on all Servers find the exploits and hacks being distributed and used in this game. Real players don't use add-ons and noobs have to Hack. I don't hack, don't use exploits but have to run a Battleye ROFL

WTF is Battleye and what is it preventing? Just tracking hackers so you can ban the ones who weren't supposed to get the hacks?

I've sent Dozens of reports in game reporting these noobs ~ how long will you ignore the internal leaks you have to players n the game?

How many non-hackers have to quit Planetside2 because they can't stand the blatent cheating you allow in this game.

I BETA tested this game, played PS1, it is the all-time greatest FPS - DON'T LET THE GAME GO TO HELL....

Please do something
  2. Towie

Although I feel your pain - I think it highly unlikely that these hacks are server-side as DBG can totally control what is running on them. PS2 relies very heavily on the client to do a lot of the processing - it has to (without gargantuan servers) as it's the only way to have so many people playing at the same time. Quite an amazing technical feat too but it has one considerable drawback - it leaves itself wide open to client-side hacks and cheats.

For example - previously you could disconnect while playing, walk around and kill people, reconnect and blam - all those who you shot would instantly die as your client tells the server who you killed. How long could you be disconnected for and still be allowed back when reconnecting ? About 3 minutes !!! (That's also how you could fly under the map but that's a different story).

DBG definitely need to rework things. The engine is now so old and well understood that the hack writers have masses of information at their hands, so they know the base offsets to use from which everything else hangs off. When this base offset changes there is usually a brief pause in the cheating until the new offset gets posted (which doesn't take long). The current offset hasn't changed since the beginning of November.
  3. JibbaJabba

ingame /report doesn't do anything.
    An actual customer service ticket with a shadowplay video works nearly instant. Usually banned in < an hour.