[Devs please read!] enable character transfers for connery players

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SULFERIX, Jan 26, 2020.

1. SULFERIX

There are many reasons why this needs to happen, and anyone who plays on connery I know would very much like this too happen. For me specifically, i have moved closer to emerald since creating my characters, and thus that server has a lower ping. all my progress would be lost if i want to play this game without issues.

https://giphy.com/gifs/d5ejE7Y3cokFrAX3iL/fullscreen

As for the rest of the connery player base, these issues affect everyone.
    -hit reg just decides to stop working about 50% of the time
    -characters fall through the floor mid engagement and walk through walls
    -characters teleport mid engagement
    -no one from America plays on connery anymore, and thus the ping difference makes many fights borderline unplayable
    -frequent server ping hitches in the 1000's of ms

NONE of these issues i have witnessed on emerald, or at least no where NEAR as bad. Character transfers have been enabled for non-American servers MANY times, its only fair us Americans who only want to play with Americans should be allowed to transfer to emerald, to play with other Americans.

At the very least, if you are unwilling to allow a connery server transfer to emerald, can i kindly request you at least transfer my 3 connery characters to emerald, even if it is a one off thing. i want to be able to play the game with a reasonable expectation of functionality, and that is not possible with connery currently. I will be renewing my subscription if you do allow emerald character transfers for either just me or the connery player base.

Sincerely,
    Sulferix
  2. OneShadowWarrior

As for me Emerald runs at a higher ping and it seems to run better than Connery and I am West Coast based. How Ironic is that, so moving my characters over to Emerald would probably happen, I am tired of the 1500-7000 ms latency spikes on Connery and the Warping.

I really hope they allegedly get this fix on Tuesday otherwise optional server transfers would be nice.

Your not alone in seeing all this trash on the Connery server my friend.
    • Up x 1
  3. OpolE

They should allow.

Merge the 2 EU's so we can have a huuuuge fight
  4. Gooyoung

Please, emerald is just more fun and connery is dying
  5. ShadowAssociate

As an East coast player whose soldiers are stranded on Connery, the inability to transfer is the only thing keeping me from returning to PS2. I keep checking back from time to time, but alas…
    • Up x 1
  6. adamts01

Yeah. People move, and it's absurd to expect them to start over when the grind in this game is so crazy.
  7. BulletKin

I agree, I may be a br 19 noob but I still think server changing would be REALLY helpful.