[Suggestion] Rehire Higby

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scroffel5, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Efraim

he plays on Connery, he was on the other day
  2. Malebranche

Higby blows.

He was the main reason PS2 never became a big hit.

All he did was give NC shotguns and give TR rotary cannons. I remember when he put out the ES launchers- the Phoenix could 1HK infantry for chrissakes, that's how biased and unimaginative he was.

PS2 could have been so much more, but he blew it.

It was always new maps without providing any purpose other than deathmatches. At least now there's alerts and events.
  3. Scroffel5

I don't really care. Most people like him and view him as a good thing. Hence why he should come back.
  4. Liewec123

And that lasted less than 24 hours, I repeat, LESS THAN 24 HOURS.
    And if we're talking ES launchers remember when Striker DOMINATED the air game for a year?
    It was over the period that the "World domination series" took place within,
    They had to change the rules of the competition to give VS and NC a handicap
    because TR had a higher score than the other two factions combined.

So I wouldn't say Higby's NC bias was anywhere near as bad as you remember.

Over his career at DBG we had ZOE's reign of terror, Striker's reign of terror,
    But I don't remember a period were NC dominated to that extent...ever.
    • Up x 1
  5. TRspy007

history repeats itself
  6. TR5L4Y3R

couldn´t be any more pointless to bring a person in just for being "cool" but otherwise incapable ..
  7. Scroffel5

Its not pointless. It makes people happy. And he can still do whatever he did before. Rehire him and people get happy. Make it newsworthy and people come back to the game, just because of him.
    • Up x 1
  8. TR5L4Y3R

yea people come back .. only temporarily if he isn´t able to deliver ..
    it´s funny you say that you don´t care but you are the one who opened this OP ..

i don´t think he can just simply do whatever he did before because the circumstances at which he would work at DBG would be way different than when he worked under SOE ...
    also many things that are imo problemetic with this game now were problematic when he was in before with little to no changes .. so i personaly wouldn´t hold my breath if he were back at the team ..
  9. Scroffel5

You may not get it yet, but hiring him is a no-risk play. Well, other than paying him, but I doubt he is out of work right now, so I guess he'd work part time. You either get players out of Higby, or you get development. Or he gets fired, but that is beside the point.