Arbalest still junk in spite of update

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OneShadowWarrior, Oct 22, 2019.

1. OneShadowWarrior

Love the Lacerta and Vanquisher, it’s pretty clear in the continuing addition of stuff to empires, the TR get the worst ones.

The stuff you give to TR is subpar, mediocre and generic, even in the grenade update favoritism was clearly shown to Vanu.

Before the rants start, I play all 3 factions.
  2. That_One_Kane_Guy

Watchman and Jackal disagree with you. Kindred laughs at you.

Demonstrably false. The only places where the TR clearly lost out are with the Battle Rifles and with the Assault Rifles, and ARs are going to be in a very fluid state for the next couple weeks so I wouldn't consider their current states 'finished'.

There have definitely been missed opportunities with the new guns for all three factions, but this is not something unique to the TR nor do they suffer most because of it.

• Up x 3
  3. DarkStarAnubis

The Arbalest is crap, agree: unless you kill your enemy with the first burst either you flee or you die, it is like a Yumi without the initial delay.

But I disagree on that blanket statement about TR weapons: try the Kindred man, it is the BEST all round carbine of PS2.
    • Up x 1
  4. IVANPIDORVAN

This is not true, this is actually the first time when we get worst doku weapon.

SMG: Jackal is good, it have smallest Hip CoF(only special attachment was fockedup), Gladius have a lot of damage per mag and Canis are worst with spin-up mechanic.

LMG: Watchman have fastest Headshot TTK which is decent, Maw obviously an Anchor for VS, Promise have Recoil Scaling. All three is pretty good weapons, watchman is very niche and skillbased, but it is doesn't mean "bad" right?

BR: Bishop obviously a worst one without any useful specific mechanic (piercing? meh), Obelisk got infinite ammo with his heat mechanic, but for some reason a lot of TR complains about Dragoon. In my opinion this is probably the best of 3, secret is Single-Fire Barrel attachment. If you equip this, no matter how fast you gonna press fire button, it will always send second shot to the same place with 100% accuracy. You don't need to compensate recoil manually or wait between shots and waste full RPM potential. Try it. Also explosive ammo is fun, it still kill have 2 headshots to kill infantry (even 1HS + 1BS for infils), it always equiped on mine dragoon.

Carabines: Kindred obviously the best, 689RPM for 167dmg model is crazy, the only one downside is what you have to learn how to use it from scratch (i also dislike 0.5 ADS). Horison may seem like a worst one, but people says what it have no bloom - so your pellets doesn't land all over the place. Another side effect of multiple projectiles is twice ammount of screen shake and you know some peoples consider what planetside is unplayable without Battle Hardned implant. And here we have a charger, just piece of shjt. Period.

So we finally approach Assault Rifles. Looks like it is our (TR) turn to get the worst weapon. NC got bishop and charger, so now they get a CHEAT i mean Vanquisher. Just TRAP M1 on steroids, this thing annihiale everyone. VS also have decent one, now they got explosive ammo, just like Dragoon. Yep, arbalest is a crap, forget about this gun and move forward, because you know... shjt happens.
    • Up x 2
  5. IVANPIDORVAN

*Also explosive ammo is fun, it still kill infantry in 2 headshots (even 1HS + 1BS for infils without auxillary shield), i have explosive ammo permanentrly equiped on my dragoon.

(cannot edit previous post, to late)
  6. TerminalT6

The Arbalest is getting into a usable spot. Not nearly as bad as it was initially.

Regarding the grenade thing... I'm not sure what you would've wanted for TR lol.
  7. pnkdth

You already have the SABR + Cycler Burst variant. So this was the obvious addition. Also, both TR/NC already have an absolutely amazing AR selection. Welcome to the wonderful world of what happens when the devs already have created everything and has to opt for gimmicks and very niche weapons, i.e. they tend to be a bit hit or miss or only really useful to a smaller group of players.

With things improving I'd say have patience and, since burst weapons are a bit of an acquired taste, consider it might not be for you regardless or what it is.