[Suggestion] Friendly Fire

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Twerllewr, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Twerllewr

Sometimes when I play nd I mostly open fire on hostiles and then a ally comes in the way and I killed the ally I would like a adjustment on check fire
  2. RRRIV

how about you check your fire
    • Up x 3
  3. JibbaJabba

Yeah, it's a thing you gotta learn in planetside.

For some stuff you can just lift the trigger if a friendly gets in the way. If it happens more than once though, you need to relocate and find a different corner/firing lane.

Not just because of the friendly fire either. That friendly fire is a symptom of a larger tactical problem. You would serve your team better approaching from another angle. Go setup a crossfire or something...
    • Up x 1
  4. Scroffel5

Periods. Use periods. What would the adjustment even be? You have control over shooting someone or not. Just try your best not to shoot your teammate, and if you do, welcome to the New Conglomerate.
    • Up x 1
  5. Skraggz

I think ricochet or self harm bullets would be a pleasant punishment. But I could troll's using this.
    • Up x 1
  6. Exileant

;) A tip, do not pay attention to who you are shooting so much as what you are hearing. Go to the V.R. islands through your map, and practice shooting at the targets. Aim at them all. o_O Train yourself to stop holding the button as soon as you hear the loud beeps. They need to have the dispatcher verbally warn you as to the severity of your violations like they used to. :eek: This is a necessary skill to perfect when it comes to vehicle operation. There will be many times where it will be impossible to see color, or even shape, and you will need to test fire. :) Pro's will understand this, and do not mind... much, so long as you heed the beep.
  7. Exileant

:eek: For repeat violations, instead of locking, ABSOLUTELY!!!!! o_O Have the Faction dispatcher enable "Mutual Decimation Mode". Every time you damage a friendly, your suit will now inflict the same damage to you. If you continue, ONLY to you. :confused: After you kill yourself so many times, for your own safety, lock your equipment, ;) or instant death upon firing upon friendlies.
  8. FIN Faravid

Its good idea to inflict same amount of damage to shooter as shooter inflicts on friendlies if that happens too much. But i can't recall time when i would have had my weapons locked in Planetside 2, and i rarely even kill friendlies. Predicting what friendlies do around you is not that difficult. Accidents will happen every now and then ofc but not enough to get weapon locks, and even if sometimes weapon locks happen, it is so rare that it is not a problem.
  9. JibbaJabba

yeah, again... if it's happening a lot then it's time to relocate. Pick a less crowded corner or firing lane.

I used to play a lot of custom killing floor servers back in the day.

The best ones had friendly fire set to some reduced damage, say 50% but had a kickback of like 5% damage. You would hurt yourself . This absolutely stopped friendly fire.
  10. Twerllewr

I try to stay away from Nc but there tmk machines.
  11. Twerllewr

True If you get ran over welcome to Terran Replubic.