Planetside Arena Armor

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OneShadowWarrior, Sep 25, 2019.

1. OneShadowWarrior

It's frightfully obvious that Arena is a dismal failure and you guys shoved the armor to PS2 for hopefully some extra needed revenue. Pretty hilarious.

I am just keeping it real, but it looks horrible.

I am pretty much keeping my monies and not buying it or investing in Arena.

Nuff said.
    • Up x 1
  2. ZDarkShadowsZ

I personally don't see it that way. There have been numerous players who've requested remodelled weapons for some time. They contracted Doku to do a lot of art for them, PS:A art included. This costs money.

Instead of giving such models away for free, they chose to capitalise on the fact that players wanted remodels of weapons and modern-looking armour. This is simply an opportunistic method of giving the players a little of what they want, whilst capitalising on those wants at the same time.

While it can be seen as some desperate attempt to regain money, it can also be seen as an excellent marketing strategy in order to capitalise on the full benefit of Doku's art, given that he will no longer be doing so any longer. A very good marketing strategy to increase profits.
  3. Liewec123

i like the look of the guns,
    the armour is nice but i have Doku armours on all 3 factions already,
    so it wouldn't justify buying a bundle with armour just for the guns.
    (also i've promised not to spend another penny on this game since the abysmal NC max nerf)
    • Up x 1
  4. Kristan

I was 1000 DBC away from that bundle, so I dished out some dosh to get it. Because armor is neat. A bit too matte for my liking, but still neat. Guns looks cool too. And out of spite for the OP.
  5. Liewec123

£20 for a single armour for a single class, and 2 weapon reskins.

jesus thats steep.
    • Up x 1
  6. DarkStarAnubis

On the positive side, armor and helmet as considered NS equipment thus available across all factions.
  7. Johannes Kaiser

Yeah...way to make LAs with camo on look very similar across all factions, nerfing them through the backdoor by putting them on the receiving end of some friendly fire.