[Suggestion] NC15 Phoenix changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MASMADMAN, Sep 5, 2019.

1. MASMADMAN

I like the concept but I hate how its used DX Its no fun being shot from a spawn room around a mountain, could we make the phoenix rockets targetable by spitfires? That way it has a counter that doesn't require us to stop playing the game and hit a blue orb of screaming aggravation.
  2. Liewec123

It has the lowest dps of any rocket launcher (by a veeery long way) due to the lengthy reload
    and not beginning reload until you've steered the projectile, this leads to the time between shots being around 12-15 seconds.
    a single engi can keep a sundy alive against multiple phoenix users.

Also You know that you can shoot it right?
    It's the only projectile in the game that can be countered by simply shooting it out of the sky,
    A single TR heavy with MCG can make a vehicle phoenix immune XD
    • Up x 2
  3. adamts01

The Phoenix is one of those guns NC likes to downplay. Just like VS and the Lasher.

They're both really, really powerful when used right. I created alts on the other factions and bought all the controversial weapons just to see what all the fuss was about. I wasn't expecting much but I really like the Phoenix. It is limited to use in big fights and from some spawn rooms, but in big fights it's great at bypassing a stalemate. It's also crazy good in armor standoffs.

All that said, and alternate fire mode would be great. Maybe simply letting it dumbfire.
  4. DarkStarAnubis

The Phoenix can already dumbfire: once in flight press the "exit vehicle" key and the missile will proceed alone.

Problem is, it has a gravity factor so high that the rocket will drop to the ground after a few meters. Change that gravity factor and you'll have a backup dumbfire mode, albeit not suitable in dire straits due to the long equip/enter camera/exit camera delays.

The Phoenix is good at killing Infiltrators (usually OHK), but not much more. On the other hand, it is one of the most (if not the most!) fun weapons of PS2.
    • Up x 1
  5. Liewec123

I always hit the exit vehicle key shortly before it hits for a tiiiiny DPS boost XD
    Another godly suggestion is to bind a key to toggle HUD (alt+F10)
    its not quite as important now that phoenix has 3rd person camera,
    But it removes the terribly restrictive letterbox graphic from 1st person view an let's you see the whole screen,

Last hint, and i'm not sure if this one still works, there is a key bind for ESFs, "Throttle" or something,
    If you click it you can slow down the missile for slightly more control,
    But I can't remember if it still works.
  6. JibbaJabba

Wouldn't be opposed to the idea but it will need some balance tweaks. It only takes one shot to down a phoenix.

Can't just have a single spitfire negate all incoming missiles from a squad of heavies. That would be pretty bad.
    • Up x 1
  7. OneShadowWarrior

Well if they want it out of the spawn room then all anti vehicular weapons should follow suit.

Secondly, it will need a dumbfire when you can’t use camera.