Another example of why your new spawn system sucks (picture)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zizoubaba, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Zizoubaba

I've posted this before, if your sundy is out of the region on the map, it ***** up the spawn system calculations.

So nothing new, except I hadn't done this base yet :)

edit (sorry forgot to spell it out) --> no one will ever spawn at my sundy, except the guys that are already there.

Exception : if a TR enters the zone, but if no TR enters the zone, thats it.

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  2. OneShadowWarrior

I agree, the battles have regressed with fights of 70/30. He who zergs with the most numbers wins.

The fights aren’t spread out as they thought they would make it, actually they have clustered to even worse and now with the alerts people horde or relog to the side that is winning. Much of this is being exploited at the cost of legit players.
    • Up x 2
  3. OgreMarkX

The problem is that new spawn system is a product of a central planner and he can never admit that he is wrong--a shared trait of central planners everywhere. When something doesn't work:

1. Blame something or someone else
    then
    2. Double down on dumb

Whenever something new or revised comes to a game a central planner leads, consider whether it expands player choice or restricts it. Restrict is most likely.
  4. OgreMarkX

This is because the guy who forced the spawn redesign doesn't understand the game or the players. Not exaggerating here.
    • Up x 1
  5. OneShadowWarrior

Before the spawn revamp, the zerg always existed, but now, it is even more accelerated.

I was in this fight with the NC, balanced at 47/50 and having a great time. The pop was 24/24, it was a great firefight.

Then here comes another 80 players against them and the fight went to trash and NC gets spawn camped, it got repetitive moving thru 5 bases consecutively. I got bored and logged.
  6. OneShadowWarrior

I wanted to also add repetitive fights have begun to get worst at Biolabs. You either take them quick or get stuck in the tubes.
  7. ZDarkShadowsZ

This new system is often very contradictory to what I feel it was intended to do - counteract zerging behaviour. While the spawn system, at first, refuses me the ability to spawn in at densely friendly populated areas, it changes its tune and lets me. Other times it will refuse me the ability to do so, but when I press to Join Combat, it overrides the system and lets me anyway.

I get there's more technicality behind what it's allowing/disallowing me the ability to spawn at times, but it often contradicts itself.
  8. AlcyoneSerene

The forced 15 sec respawn timers just need to go! It's seriously breaking the flow of combat in this game sitting on map view trying to redeploy even places we can deploy at.

Also, there needs to be a squad beacon interface indicating if one is up and where on the map it is placed. So much endless chatter requesting spawn beacons and accidentally overriding spawn beacons in good locations, and more waiting around.

I enjoyed the previous iteration of the spawn system before this major change where sometimes no spawns would appear and we'd just spawn-hop places, or just pulled sundies and other transport when that wasn't possible.

Now, I don't bother anymore, what's the point. I just pull valks which get shot down in transit, have no nanites in short order so forget vehicle play, or cloaked flashes to get spawn beacons in place.

The guesswork at quick-spawning vehicles at biolab needs to be fixed.

The vehicle quick-spawn system needs to be fixed since all too often it won't work despite the terminal not being hacked or destroyed.

Even in coordinated squads we have trouble rapidly changing battle fronts for any number of reasons, such as Valks being full or in enemy territory, getting shot down repeatedly, no nanties, pulling too few or too many at once, sundies taking too long to get places and deploy at fights that are long over, etc.

The previous spawn system just worked better.
    • Up x 1
  9. adamts01

I'm not one to hold back criticism, but faction pops are more balanced than I've seen them in my 5 years of playing this game. Most alerts are closer and many fights stay balanced longer. For all of its problems, I'd rather have this spawn system than anything from the past.
  10. sjtw_w_stot

Yup, when it
    When it tells me I have to wait 20 secs or whatever I either log out or go back to warpgate and do my own thing. I'm not waiting almost half a minute to get back into the fight.