Planetside 2 Gunfight is too competitive and difficult.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by YoriMicah, Aug 13, 2019.

1. YoriMicah

I don't like the way Planetside 2 is right now and especially how it reformed throughout the years.

I'm from PS4 and I have been playing PS2 when it first released itself on Playstation 4 and I'm going to get this out.

I am not having fun playing Planetside 2 due to the competitive movement that's being absorbed into the game.

It is very frustrating when I have an upper hand against a player and they would simply turn around (using high sensitivity.) and immediately defeat my character in a gunfight even after I just got a couple of good hit markers on the guy.

I have been experiencing a lot of these events to the point that it is very discouraging to play Planetside 2.

Back in the old days of PS2 in PS4, it was simply fun because nobody didn't care rather or not they would win a fight but they would accept their defeat in the game knowing that it's suppose to happen especially in a large battle scale.

But now in the present time, we have competitive players that would change the battlefield forever.

Players now run away instantly when they see you even at a far distance as well as players running away when they got hit and afterward, somehow turning the table when they hide behind an object and wait for you to come to them or them instantly defeating you in a gunfight with 100% accuracy and headshots.

Whenever I go against these players, I have a hard time having fun and instead get frustrated by how unfair it is when a person turns the fable on you even though you had the upper hand. Either they are using scurf/mod controllers or possibly a mouse and keyboard which really isn't fair at all.

You try going up against one guy with any of these things and especially if they have high sensitivity in PS4 then you can forget about playing this game because it is very unfair and not very fun.

And especially the medkits are really overpowered and need to be addressed because it's unfair that a player can quickly take out a medkit and use it and their health fully restored after you just wasted your whole magazine on him and he instantly wins the gunfight because he "Ran away" and "Tactically" Return while Aiming down his sights.

It is so bad on PlayStation 4, that I am unable to see whenever it is dark and I am unable to even keep up with a player moving around with my joysticks. I'm a casual player and a very experienced gamer and it always felt like something is always off whenever I get defeated in a video game against a guy that uses his movement to throw off my aim and it is very annoying and also discouraging. People tell me to get good at the game but I know that they are just being rude and probably using a mod controller as well or a mouse and keyboard and if not they are just being a troll.

I even lost to a toxic player that told me to hurt myself because I pointed out that I had him first and he was a medic using critical health implant when your health is low and you become even faster and it's really annoying that kid use the animation in the game to throw off my aim and kept winning the gunfight because of his tactic which was run away and heal themselves and repeats.

Daybreak, You have to do something with your game on PS4 because it is not looking good for me and other players as well and it just isn't fun anymore.

I even saw 2 players struggle to eliminate 1 TR engineer and I even witness 8+ Players struggling to take out a light assault TR player that was somehow destroying the Sundy all alone.

Something needs to change and if it doesn't then it's going to discourage a lot of new players to even play the game and even myself. It looks really bad as it is and especially the NS weapons aren't very good.

I get 4 headshots and they are still running away.

I get 3 hit markers with the Thumper and they still walk it off.

I get 2 headshots and a bunch of body shots and still nothing.

I keep losing in a gunfight due to toxic try hard players and yet I have to wait a couple of seconds and respawn and try my best again and still lose.

I even remember going 1 takedown and 29-28 defeats and it was very frustrating.

I just want to have fun playing video games, not being frustrated and upset and painfully watching other players trying and struggling to defeat a single player in a gunfight because he keeps running around in cycles and ends up running away with confidence and especially heavies taking a bit too much damage before they can be defeated.

But the crazy part about it, how can a try-hard player somehow get headshots for years with an NS Tanto but when I try it, I can barely defeat even a bug.

Playstation 4 on PS2 and see for yourself. I can't even describe how bad it is. That's really all I can say. God bless.

Update: There's also a Hacker on Playstation 4 going by the name of Distruttore18 that is apparently immune to damage. Basically, it seems that Hackers can also be on PlayStation 4 somehow undetected.
  2. That_One_Kane_Guy

I read this all the way down expecting satire. I was disappointed.
    • Up x 1
  3. YoriMicah

What are you talking about?
  4. karlooo

This is typical new player experience. Because new players are matched with high level players it turns this game into a terrible experience for them....
    People want to play a game to have fun and not rip their hair off lol.

The implants make this issue even worse than ever because it's giving more power to very experienced players, like for example the 'Assimilate' implant (restores shield on headshot kill) which I see this on 80% of players.

In my opinion a big issue in this game is that you don't have much to choose from, what suits you the most because everything plays the same.
  5. ObiVanuKenobi

So basically the game is too hard and you don't like the fact that some players are better than you.
  6. That_One_Kane_Guy

Basically this:
    The gunplay in PS2 has not changed appreciably in years. Any 'reform' you might have noticed was placebo.
    Planetside can be competitive, but barring special occasions it is most certainly not. It has a high learning curve, but once you have been playing a while and have figured out how things work it is arguably one of the most casual shooters around.
    There are two actually three reasons why this could be happening: either your connection is garbage, or you have a BCM problem. You have played this game for long enough to know to aim for the head. If you do this, no sensitivity settings on the planet are going to save your opponent. The third option is that you are misreading what happened and simply did not have the kind of advantage you think you did.
    Back in the 'old days' everyone was new to the game with the skill level (or lack thereof) that goes with that territory. People didn't roll over and die because they didn't care, they died because they were new.
    As time marches on, people get better. New players become skilled players, and therefore harder to kill.
    *sigh* No, see above. Players didn't change, they just got better. That or they jumped ship to another FPS.
    Why accept a firefight where you are at a disadvantage if you do not have to? If you can break off the engagement and re-engage when you are the one with the advantage, why not do so? This cannot be a radical new concept for you. If you find yourself in a fair fight you didn't plan properly.
    Controller wars aside, having the advantage in a gunfight is not an IWIN button. There have been plenty of times where I have started a fight shooting at the back of an enemy only to have them escape and/or turn on me. It wasn't a fault of the game, I just got outplayed. It happens to everyone (mostly). It's frustrating and sometimes embarrassing but when it happens I know that I was the one who screwed up and that my opponent was on the ball and took advantage.
    Playing against better players can be very unfun. This is not a new concept nor is it unique to Planetside. I spent college getting dunked on in HALO and Smash by players light-years better than I could ever hope to be. There is always someone better than you, deal with it.
    I can agree about medkits needing some looking at to an extent, but as I said before, the concept of retreating under fire and re-engaging under better circumstances is what is know as "playing smart". There is nothing wrong with doing this. Stop trying to fight fair.
    ...are you really, really sure this wasn't supposed to be satire? Please say it was and that you just forgot to add the '/s' at the end.
    It sounds like you want to play a single-player game, bud. That's honestly the only place where you're going to find a fun, non-frustrating experience where you're never upset and always win. (Even so I'd stay away from the Dark Souls series.)
    Different people have different levels of skill. Are you sure this isn't satire?
    • Up x 1
  7. YoriMicah

I never said that. I don't care if you are better than me. I find it unfair of the gameplay mechanic.
  8. YoriMicah

There are some things i do disagree with you but alright.
  9. Commandoo

As a new player myself I can see why many are turned away. It can be quite competitive especially those level 100 heavy assault troopers. I will agree that hitting someone a bunch can be frustrating when they run off or run around in a circle using med kits while I'm trying to kill them.

I don't know what planetside 2 used to be like but the damage some people take and no die is annoying. It does take a lot to get used to it. Unlike most games where they die quite quickly.

I don't think planetside will ever change so I've tried to get used to it.
  10. DarkStarAnubis

He is a [far] better player than you. Take no offense.

The game is out since 2013 so veterans have 6 years of experience against someone who joins: 6 years of base knowledge, of weapon handling, of positioning, of tactics, of awareness, of tricks and blind spots.

Yesterday I have been instagibbed by a BR100 with over 120000 kills, he mains HA and he has a +6 KDR/+500 SPM. What those numbers tell you? He is a monster in terms of game-play. Far, far better than me.

Unfortunately, new players do not understand how wide the gap is between themselves and old timers. A low BR character today is simply a moving target and nothing more.

DBG -as usual- do not understand that as well and therefore player retention is what it is... Low.

As low BR (say below 15, but in reality I would make it below 30) will die anyway, DBG should make a death a positive, even fun event: the more you die the more XP you get. Make a directive for dying: X times killed by a Max, X times killed beyond 70m, X times killed by a knife and so on.

And get rid of that stupid KDR please.
  11. chamks

hey guys what say you about applying a bit of slow when getting hit like counter strike? so people wont be able, or less be able, to do the ADADAD brakedance kill you when you shoot at them
  12. adamts01

Read this entire section and watch all the videos. You can improve if you accept this game for what it is and work at it.

http://iridar.net/planetside2/infantry-guides/

Also, look on that same website for tips on improving your framerate, as that'll immediately make you better at everything.

I will say that I'd much prefer less finger gymnastics in combat. Some acceleration built in to movement would be nice. I also think nanoweave armor should go away and the HA shield should be reworked. You basically learn to land consistent headshots or you're a target dummy. Closing the gap between headshots and body shots just a little would help the majority of players have a better time.

Working on positioning was easier for me than fixing my aim. In the meantime, you can equip resist shield on a heavy and buy the auto shotgun. It's cheesy, but you can just hold down the trigger on their body and get some easy kills. You'll still lose to vets with rifles, but you'll be pretty effective against most players.

What faction are you on? Each faction has a few easy to use guns we can recommend.

If you're not on a dead server, stay with a group to make things easier. And ask for help in game from squad mates. Teamwork is OP, and numbers can make up for a lot of skill. Use your microphone and work as part of a team.