[Suggestion] The server maintenance time....

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Skraggz, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Bansheedragon75

I have played a lot of MMOs over the years and I have never encountered one that had their maintenance scheduled during the time of day when the most players would be on playing.
    To have the maintenance during the time of day when most people are able to play is a sure fire way to kill your game and you dont need to know how the company works or their work is structured to understand that, its common sense.
    And no it is not difficult to schedule or get people to work those hours.

And if you get upset by people insulting you, then you should not start by insulting them because most people will respond in kind.
  2. TR5L4Y3R

lucky you i guess ... cause i had the rare moment of some online games going mentainance during primetime ... again it was rare ..

right, so dbg is simply incompetent and that´s it ... there are no reasons why maintance has been like this for years, and they can just change their schedules like that .. ok .. not assumming things at all ....

so calling him out on giving nonsense information that is not true and baseless is an insult now? yea sure ..
    did you see me going for add hominems on him or direct insluts like calling him an imbecile? no? then don´t preach about things that didn´t happen ..

also just before you or anyone gets a wrong understanding ... i´m NOT saying they shouldn´t change maintanancescedule to more preferable times ... i´m just saying that it isn´t neccesarily as easy as people think/assume it is..
  3. Bansheedragon75

And this is my point, most those who run such games understand that having maintenance during prime time is a bad idea, which is why it's rare and also why I never encountered it before.
    And it's also what the person you are "calling out for giving nonsense information" has been telling you all along.
    Yet instead of trying to understand that you insult him for it and then get upset when he responds in kind.

Whether they are incompetent or not is debatable in so many areas of what they do, but one have to wonder.
    Or maybe it's simply a lack of willingness to try and do something about what has to be done.
    I'm not saying they can do something about everything, but there are so many things they can do something about yet dont do anything about.

And yes, it is in fact as easy to change the schedule as people here are trying to tell you.
    All you have to do is check the news and announcements forums, there you will see that their regularly scheduled maintenance is always done during the morning hours of Pacific Time when most people are at school or work.
    Yet for some reason they chose to change the schedule of this particular maintenance to prime time
    This proves that they not just can schedule it outside of prime time and even do so normally.
    It also proves that they actually can change the schedule if they want to.

So that leaves the question why did this particular maintenance have to be done during prime time, why could this not have been done during the morning hours like they normally do?
    If it was something critical or game breaking then I could understand it and I think most people here would be understanding of that was well, but there was nothing in that update that was of so critical a nature that they could not have waited until a more suitable time.
    And that is why people are so livid about it.

That you come in here to try and defend that unnecessary action and on top of that resort to insults and personal attacks(repeatedly at that) when they try to explain why they are upset is only going to provoke the ire of people here.
  4. TR5L4Y3R

soooo you are saying now people get all angry about a onetime or rare occurance ... alright ... says a lot more about you guys then, doesn´t it ...

wait i resort to insults? .. stop projecting stuff man, the only person i had some beef with here was crash and that´s because he was hostile from the start and onwards ..
  5. Bansheedragon75

I don't know about angry, but certainly upset.
    When they take down the servers for a non-critical update during prime time then you should expect people to get upset.
    But more important people should complain about it, it's what we call feedback.
    If they don't then it's easy for the developers to think that it's fine to take the service down when the most people would use it and likely do it more often.

Maybe you don't consider this an insult, but most people do.

If you felt he were being hostile you could just have taken the higher road and left the conversation or at least stuck to the topic, but instead you started resorting to insults, and you were the first to start throwing insults.
  6. TR5L4Y3R

no i wasn´t, stop lying ..

by all means critisize to your hearts content, but some people seem to like pushing things REALY hard on this matter once opportunity arises ...

canceling subsription for a one time or rare occurance alone (which i don´t think is the lone reason to this person) is rather drastic wouldn´t you say ..

the typical direct reaction to this case ...

THIS is the good question ... what went wrong? .. a simple screw up? maybe something was bugged in the working proccess? maybe a earlier attempt screwed with the programm in some way? idk .... thing is we won´t know, and dbg might be likely to not tell us ..

i stated myself that i assumed the usual maintanancehours being around 1 pm american time which would be roughly around 9 to 10 pm european central .. which you more or less confirmed ...