Do something about the Air to Infantry

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zizoubaba, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Zizoubaba

Or don't, whatever, it's your life, your job, but you suck if you ignore this issue.

It's always been an problem, since as far as I can remember, but now it's really out of hand.
  2. FateJH

• Up x 3
  3. Zizoubaba

I honestly don't think it makes a difference, I've kinda lost hope about DBG, this was more a thread for me to whine than to constructively contribute to the evolution of the game :/
  4. Savadrin

If they bring back the Dalton OHK for non-composite ESFs, you'll see the number of A2G ESF farmers plummet nearly overnight.
    • Up x 1
  5. Skraggz

While I disagree with the lotto system of OHK dalton, you are not wrong. Also yes a2g feels badly all the way around.
    • Up x 1
  6. adamts01

Daybreak is beyond inept at balancing air.

The single greatest thing would be for an infantry-only dev to put in a sold 40 hours a week flying for a couple months.

They need to understand both sides to fix it.
    • Up x 3
  7. Demigan

Ah yes, and then the AV oriented Liberator will just wave at the enemy ground vehicles and not touch them at all because they are such good chaps and will not intensify A2G combat where the ground is virtually helpless against aircraft unless supported by copious amounts of self-dibilitating G2A at all! Nope! No problems like that when the OHK Dalton was around! No siree! History did not happen at all!
    • Up x 4
  8. Savadrin

Lol, you're losing it here bro.

The Lib still exists and I said nothing of changing ANYTHING except giving back the Dalton A2A capabilities from old, which includes lower hits to kill on OTHER LIBS.

But if you went and looked, across the board ESF A2G Farming is much higher than it used to be on every server. One of the reasons is that the Apex Predator of hovering lolpods was neutered to the point that experienced pilots won't even fly it anymore, or rarely.

The ground farm hasn't changed one bit, and the Wyrm is still a thing.
  9. iller

AP lightning is ALREADY a better and easier to use version of this so your claim is 100% debunked
    Infact when HESH were doing it, I stopped A2G'ing entirely b/c everyone was running that crap!

40 hours ain't sheeeit... I'm only up to 140 according to DasAnfall and I admittedly understand BUPKIS about all the possible Air to Air intracasies that take 300+ hours to even get sufficient at (which aren't things I complain about to begin with... I always complain about the lack of COMMUNITY outreach there and the lack of a Matchmaking dynamic for 1v1's)
  10. Dethonlegs

My favorite thing in this game is shooting down banshee mossies with tank AP while they are farming bases. The higher the pilot's KDR the more delicious the kill.
    • Up x 1
  11. Savadrin

You ain't lying.

I'm not saying AP is bad, I'm saying the lack of old Dalton AA makes me sad, and that libs can get plenty of places where Lightnings can't.
  12. LordKrelas

Aren't ESFs meant to be the counter Libs, according to pilots?
    In which case, A2G Liberators, with their Daltons would one-shot kill ESFs, and that means both A2A & A2G ESFs,
    While also packing the heaviest A2G weapon, the Dalton, on top of whatever the Pilot's personal gun was.

IE: is it wise, to buff A2G Liberators against ESFs? (Aka Buffing A2G against AIR.)
    As we already have issues with Liberators on the ground, Who can't one-shot their apparent bane.
    If they could, now what does the A2G Liberator fear? Certainly not ESFs it can one-shot.

And against other liberators? Oh fantastic, the Flying Tank can engage itself better, and ESFs, with their dedicated A2G Anti-armor cannon.

Making Liberators better at handling other aircraft, when wielding Anti-ground weapons, Doesn't help the ground.
    It just makes Liberators better off against other air, while being geared to attack the ground.
    IE: Ground is still screwed, as now the A2G Liberator can casually kill other A2G or A2A craft.
    -- Aka, Ground isn't better off unless that Liberator can't level the ground with the same load-out that leveled the ESFs.

As Liberators are already a threat to the ground, with the Dalton; An A2G weapon, not an A2A cannon.
    Why Not Actually buff something on the sodding ground, to handle the Aircraft mauling the ground?
    • Up x 4
  13. Demigan

You promote the OHK Dalton Liberator as if it will halve the amount of A2G ESF's, and thus be good for the ground units. But all it'll do is make sure that the Liberator can now farm the ground, and that the Liberators allied ESF groundpounders have more freedom to farm especially considering how strong the Liberator is against G2A. I'm not losing it, I'm pointing out what you omit on purpose.
    • Up x 1
  14. iStalk

Libs are already a mess to kill. They almost 1hit kill you, and those missiles they throw makes chasing them kind of pointless. Almost everything in the game is anti air. Skygaurd, spawn room maxes, lock ons, every single vehicles has access to anti air. But you're crying because they farm you? Lol it only takes 2 heavies to take out a esf with ease. Everyone runs heavy anyway. Oh yeah I forgot most heavies use rockets to kill infantry. Hm. I wonder how many of you actually fly and see how bad flying is. Just crying because you're to freaking lazy to do anything about it
    • Up x 1
  15. Demigan

Access to AA and actual effectiveness and use of AA are different things.

Theres more than 3x the AV sources available in the gsme, and it is USED more than 20x than the AA sources. AI sources arw even more monstrously large. There is simpky almost no AA in the game, and what there is, is hilariously underpowered. Aircraft are quite literally guaranteed to survive, and there is a total lack of dedicated aircraft killing weapons. Even the Skyguard is a deterrent and it heavily nerfs you against everything else. You pull an MBT with everything geared to AA? You stand barely a chance against a 2/3 Liberator who will win 9 out of 10 times easily.

Some of the more "special" people on here justify this with "oh but it is a 3 seater so ofcourse it should win!" And "but it is designed that way!". But neither of these non-arguments give any reason why the Liberator should be allowed 3 weapons two of which can be considered primaries on a single vehicle while the same costing MBT cant even equip more than 1 AA gun and the one he gets is so weak the Liberator is almost impervious to it.

So yes, even if you arent too lazy to do something about it ITS VIRTUALLY USELESS. You are up against a faster, higher burst vehicle that can murder you in a single pass from any direction and even if it took 3 passes to kill you your dedicated AA weapons are so laughably inferior the Lib would still win almost automatically.
    • Up x 2
  16. adamts01

What would really do the trick is 1/2 or even 1/3 off a non-AI noseguns and fuel pod ESF. There's hardly any A2G potential there anymore. Plus flying would be a ton cheaper for new players. And hopefully there'd be more new players for them to shoot too.
  17. TR5L4Y3R

well i tried to fly esfs and not only is it bad but it is causing me literal wristpain ...
    and this is the only game i expienced something like this ....

make it cheaper, make it free ... it doesn´t help with the bad controls air has ..
  18. Savadrin

This worked for years. An ESF who knows how to position when attacking a Lib is in little danger from the Dalton. ESFs and Trees were always the biggest threats to Libs.
  19. LordKrelas

We've had A2G ESF mauling the ground for years.
    And A2G Liberators fearing no ESF at all, since they're attacking Ground targets first.

Having Liberators, one-shot ESFs, whom now must say far away, returns Liberators to pot-shotting ESFs, that must stay away.
    The ground can't reliably threaten Liberators, and You want to make Liberators more lethal to ESFs, with their A2G Gunner weapon, as a solution to ESFs raiding the ground en-masse.

Liberators lost, their One-shot kill, which they would pot-shot till they got it, against ESFs, forcing them far away.
    While greater skill Libs, basically mauled ESFs, they also mauled any land vehicle, while solo operators.
    Unlike the land vehicles they demolished.
    If you are a Liberator, you should have 2 Gunners; Your 2nd Gunner should be able to finish off the ESF, if the 1st can't land a second shot - If It only took one A2G Shell (Which decimates the ground), to eliminate Any opposing ESF..
    The ESF is fighting an enemy that can one-shot it, at any moment, making the fight very much in the Lib's Favor.
    Now for the ground; Neither of these Aircraft winning is a grand thing, since regardless if the Liberator one shots the ESF or not, the Liberator is literally Death incarnate to the Ground forces, to a worse Degree than the ESF is.

If the Trees being ablaze with Napalm was a problem, do you suggest bringing back Air-Raid Carpet-bombing as a solution?
    As that is what Buffing A2G Liberators against ESFs is, when you Want to reduce the A2G ESF problem: As Any A2G Liberator influx from that, is FAR MORE SEVERE.

Aka: Are you aware how much harder to kill, and how more severe, a Liberator is?
    The only way, A2G ESF count goes down with your Change, is if the Number of A2G Liberators raises, or starts vaporizing ESFs, which leaves the Ground forces, besieged by Liberators.

Something, that ground has no reliable means to actually handle if it wants to kill Main-battle-tanks, past a savage Out-numbering of the Liberator - which will still have lost tanks to, said Liberator.

IE:
    We can't solve A2G problems, by Buffing A2G against Aircraft.
    As that leaves A2G effective against itself, while the issue was the effectiveness against the ground not air.
    A2G = Air-to-Ground , If your A2G was also A2A effective, That leaves that A2G with no real weakness.
    While the Ground is still screwed, as an A2G platform, just nuked the other aircraft that would've killed what the Liberator is about to kill; The Ground.

Also; You aware, that Air has been on record as Brutally over-geared?
    First-Release's Dalton & ESF Rocket-Pods, would like to say "hi", when they gained the "LOL Pods" name.
    It's not as if Air, has been this balanced dream, where A2G kills other A2G, which protects the ground: That A2G killing A2A & A2G, just changes the Nameplate on the Ground's Tombstone, it doesn't help the Ground at all.

An A2G Aircraft mauling ESFs, let alone A2G ones, Does the ground no favor at all.
    Dead is still dead, Doesn't matter if the Vehicle was 1 operator in a 3-man, or 1-man in a 1-man vehicle, nor 2-man in a 3-man.
    • Up x 1
  20. adamts01

- ESF controls suck ***, but more people would be flying than fewer if A2A nosegun-only ESF were spammable. Even 1 or 2 enemy A2A ESF makes those A2G farmers run a mixed loadout and spend half the time looking at infantry because they're so busy looking over their shoulders.

And while ESF controls suck, it's nothing unobtainable. I've taught countless people how to fly and they get decent within a dozen hours if they're really trying.

The biggest reason people aren't flying isn't the controls, it's due to aircraft being so pathetic when attacking bases. That and how stupid powerful the Striker is.