Thumper seems dorky

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OneShadowWarrior, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Naskoni

Problem is - if they make the Thumper viable 1on1 then it would hell once an organized squad uses 2-3 of them. It would the equivalent of a constant grenade spam that a single engineer can keep on going forever.

By the way, does disruptor ammunition destroy beacons?
  2. FLHuk

Another reason to never leave me little tank....

[IMG]
  3. Scrundle

It does, yes.
    It'll even destroy them through walls and floors.
  4. Naskoni

Now that is good to know, thanks.
  5. TR5L4Y3R

atleast with the recent changes i feel it´s a fair antiinfantryoption ... it does fair damage, aswell against maxes, it´s not too difficult too control though that depends a bit on the railattachments ..
    my maincritiquepoints however still are
    that it does no damage against vehicles whatsoever, at least it should do with the primary ammunition were the other ammotypes are purely AI ...
    second point is that no grenadelaunchertypes benefit from munitionbelt or pouch were i would say grenadelauncher weapons shoult get extraammo from munitionpouch ...

i would not mind if the thumper stays a heavy weapon
    but i would rather prefer if it was a toolslotweapon for the heavy assault and a primary option for the medic with the abovementioned additions ...
  6. Crayv

One of the problems with the thing is how fast you can get weapons locked with it. Especially the incendiary ammo where every tick causes you to get grief points.

Then the fact that the projectile is the size of a cider block and will explode if it gets remotely close to anything and well.... I haven't been weapons locked since 2013.... can't use this thing for more than 10min without getting a warning or flat out locked.
  7. OneShadowWarrior

As I have said it’s dorky!!!!! HaHa

Having actual live experience with grenade launchers both single shot and cylindrical, they don’t have recoil and are hipfire type weapons. They are in many ways like wielding a shotgun in real life, where you have to learn to arc your shots.

They don’t have smoke or tear gas? There are even Nades with flashbang even in our technology. I hate to say a standard grenade thrown has more salt than these hunks of junk!
  8. TR5L4Y3R

yea ballance and stuff ...
  9. SirPanfried

After the buff it feels a lot more consistent while not being oppressive. As far as vehicle damage maybe there could be an alternative ammo type like a HEAT round that sacrifices some blast radius for vehicle damage. Plus if we're getting into the idea of military technology/realism, grenade launchers are generally meant for anti infantry/light vehicle roles.