What's going on here? (8 sec video) [LEGIT NOT A CHEAT THREAD]

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zizoubaba, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Zizoubaba

people call it "hit detection", but I'm not a tech guy and I really just wana know wtf is this.

It happens A LOT to me.

I'm 1 or 2 meters behind a guy, I don't burst, I don't aim for head shot, full on easy shooting the body.

It's a medic, no adrenaline shield etc.

And I'm like takatakatakataka.

Of course he dies, but medics with body shots usually drop in less than half that time.

Please don't tell me I missed half my shots at that range?

What's going on?

2. Campagne

Honestly to me it just seems like nanoweave with some very unlucky RNG hitting the legs and not the body, along with the nano-regen tanking a few more shots. Near the end bloom starts to spread the shots way off-center.
    • Up x 4
  3. Demigan

As campagne says, you start so low you hit the legs and deal only 90% damage, compounded by probable nanoweave and possibly auxilliary shield.

Near the end you have him almost dead, but bloom causes a series of bullets to all hit to the top right, which is both unlucky RNG and your aim going too much to the right side. That is incidentally also why the "headshot headshot headshot" players are wrong in telling everyone to only go for headshots. Start with headshots, go down to the torso/neck area as bloom increases.
    • Up x 3
  4. Zizoubaba

thanks for constructive reply :) (the guy above you also :p)

I was always told to start at the body, and then work my way up to the headshot.

In my experience, going 100% works better, if you can.

Ironic that in cases like this, where it couldn't be easier, I instinctively don't head shot !
  5. iller

That's still a really fast TTK considering he wouldn't have had time to even turn around before he was halfway dead
  6. OneShadowWarrior

You got several things going on here, first Cone of fire bloom, the Betelgeuse was massively nerfed so when you go fully auto and hold the mouse the shots will miss, you have to back off the trigger for more controlled shots, this is one of the hardest reflex behaviors I had to learn since the game changed. If you want to fully auto at that range, submachinegun it.

Secondly, I had experienced stuff like this more frequently with DX11 and client hit detection issues that are server related.

Lastly, banking on headshot is going to increase your chances to kill. I generally aim at center mass or neck and let the recoil of weapon get the head kill.
    • Up x 1
  7. Scatterblak

Bad advice. Make sure the first shot(s) hit the head, then liberally apply to entire body.
    • Up x 2
  8. Zizoubaba

I'm not a good shooter, far from it, but I got a lot of experience and game time, and what works for me, honestly, is to just go for the head 100%.

The difference in damage is crazy, so crazy that even if you miss a few shots, it's still better if you know what I mean.
    • Up x 1
  9. Campagne

Quite the opposite actually.

The Betelgeuse alongside the base Orion was buffed to have a reduced CoF bloom per shot of 0.04 over 0.05. This is quite a considerable difference and actually makes it one of the most accurate LMGs in the game.
    • Up x 2
  10. JibbaJabba

Your sensitivity is too high.

Lots of good analysis in previous posts pointing out the bloom and shots hitting the wall behind him. But, look at your crosshair tracking when he begins to move.

He steps to the right away from the bike, couple expected misses happen before you swing right.
    When you swing right, you overswing but very quickly bring it back to where you intend to aim.

That intended aim spot is a bit off to the right... not an aiming problem at all, just a fast moving target thing.
    Then he begins to run to the left.
    You see this and track left, but again you overswing, missing shots out to the left before bringing it back.

What you have here is probably the #1 problem players have in planetside. Even folks with thousands of hours.

Just as a reference I have a similar cm/360 as a lot of super high end players (myself not being one of them). Moving my mouse from one edge of my playspace to the other will turn me approximately 180 degrees when doing hipfire. If you are set to something crazy like multiple 360s per swipe, highly recommend you endure the muscle-memory pain and get it fixed.

Edit: Get ~10 minutes of footage of your own gameplay. Anything infantry will do and watch it. See if when a new target comes into play do you do an overaim or underaim on your initial gross swing? You'll quickly snap to on the subtle second adjustment, but which was is the gross first adjustment going?

If you consistently overaim, turn it down.

Also check yourself to be sure you're keeping headlevel crosshairs all the time and pre-aiming. That yellow stripe on the wall is there for a reason.
    • Up x 1
  11. Zizoubaba

for the record, the swinging thing, is what causes my shots to miss the most, but it isn't due to the sensitivity being too high, I got it down really really low already. I'm not ashamed to say it but that's a side effect of meds I'm taking, happens when I throw a ball too IRL. There's a reason I have so much free time :)

Maybe when I take down medics in similar situations and they go down twice as fast as that it's beacause for whatever reason, I sway less, aim better, but I watch that video again and again and I could swear my aim was on the spot !
  12. JibbaJabba

I'm not convinced yet. :p

Where does your movement come from? Do you plant your elbow or your wrist? And... how many degrees do you turn from one edge of mouse space to other?
  13. Scatterblak

Man, I'm an awful shooter. I play inf 99.9% of the time, because I'm old and I can't play that twitch game with the kinds anymore. Generally, though, my first shot, I'm zoomed in and I don't pull the trigger unless I'm *sure* it's a headshot. With a Blackhand, generally an initial headshot followed by any body shot will drop just about anyone other than a max. I've watched hundreds of kills walk away because I wasn't sure, but if it's a patient game, I can get a run of 30 or 40 kills before anyone catches up with me.

If you're a terrible shot, try changing your playstyle, and focus on patience. :)
  14. IVANPIDORVAN

it can be heal stacking from ability slot and resto kits (aaaand also healing nade) + nanoweave + legshots (0.8dmg multiplyer)
    • Up x 1
  15. JibbaJabba

He missed, Ivan. :p Watch it in slow mo.
  16. TRspy007

Even up close, try to burst fire so the bloom doesn't trhow away your shots, also you're vs and you have little recoil, so you can go for headshots directly. There's no need to aim so low, anyways, you'll lose fights against skilled players doing that. Try to keep your weapons near where you think the head of an enemy is going to be so it's easier to aim for the head
    • Up x 1
  17. vonRichtschuetz

I've seen and heared a lot of new players complain about enemies not dieing eventhough they "put a whole magazine into them".

The video is a prime example of why that is. Not going into detail though, since everything has been answered above.
    • Up x 1
  18. Zizoubaba

https://tenor.com/0pdM.gif

anyone teach me how to copy paste gifs? :xD
  19. JibbaJabba

Mmm, no. Since you're trying to put a laughing monkey gif in reply to a post I agree with :p