So long, and thanks for all the certs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ulviirala, May 27, 2019.

1. Ulviirala

After the glorious DX11 update, the game became unplayable to me. Vehicle HP reset after repairing, and you had to repair the same damage at least 3 times, sometimes more often. As an MBT player, I think that may be understandibly frustrating.

Of course it also meant that often if not almost always, you had infinite magburner, or at least very prolonged amounts of time of boosting like someone gone mad.

But in a combat situation with things going on all around you, especially the gameplay Magriders are known for, that's not fun. I've even added a short highlight clip of a livestream I had done, to clearly showcase the issue and how frustrating it is.

I've bought some premium time to support PS2 a short while before said update, not really knowing it was coming. And since I'm always short on cash and have to make decisions where to spend the limited amount (e.g. buying a full price 60+ bucks title is always out of the question), I think I was reasonably upset that I couldn't make use of my premium game time.

Therefore I've requested a compensation, at the very least of added days of membership. Which I feel comes at virtually no cost to DBG. But we're not valued as customers, and I supposed they have enough whales, or think they're going to make enough money with their Battle Royale version of the game. Customer support said no, twice.

If that's what I can expect when I have issues and reasonable requests, I no longer wish to support DBG. In fact, I don't want to be counted as a user if they boast about how many accounts are signed up. There are other things I can entertain myself with, I don't feel treated like disposable garbage. Which I probably am though.

They don't have a lot of money, I don't have a lot of money, but leaving me in the cold like that after I gave them some in return for some "premium" time? A fair trade you will want to expect, but no. Therefore, I requested account deletion. Complete and whole. I can't find that option to have fun one last time with PS2 in the account management page.

So long, and thanks for all the certs.
  2. Liewec123

So don't support them, but why leave?

I'd have considered myself to be one of the more foolish spenders, i've spent THOUSANDS in this game,
    Maintained a sub for the majority of my time, but then they went and Wrelled the NC max,
    after months of us screaming on PTS at them that the changes were utterly moronic, they went ahead and ignored us,
    So like you I lost faith, I refuse to continue supporting a team that have no clue what they're doing and ignore the players.
    If they ever fix their mistake i'don't happily resubmit and continue to spend spend spend, but let's be frank, it's DBG,
    They make terrible balance changes and then leave them forever, like ZOE,.

But just because you're no longer supporting them it doesn't mean you need to stop playing,
    The majority of the player base is unsubbed, hell, arguably the biggest PS2 youtuber Moukass has never spent a penny!
    So my advice would be to continue playing, but not supporting, and who knows, miracles do happen,
    they might eventually renew your faith in them.

Tl.dr:
    No point in quitting outright, the game is f2p!
    So you're unhappy with the devs? Me too! Simply don't support them!
    • Up x 1
  3. Tasogie

You cant demand "freebes" because you decide to quit. It isn't their fault you want to leave. Yes, we all hate SOE... but frankly, it was your decision.