@Devs Can something be done about late night continents? it's killing the game for a lot of people

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Katshina, May 28, 2019.

1. Katshina

every single night (this usually starts about 2 AM CST, and lasts untill about 9 AM CST) i try to get on this game i find myself sitting in a que for the only continent for sometimes 60-90 minutes, 2 nights ago me and 14 other people sat in vr training chatting for TWO hours before we got into the game. two of which were new players to the game who im positive now have quit and will probably not ever play.
    I can't often play during prime time and this is basically making the game 100% unplayable for me, i dont see why there cant just be at least 2 continents running simultaneously, it would fix this issue entirely. this basically makes the game not accessible to anyone australians or anyone outside of standard primetime timezone as well
    i honestly dont even you guys (devs) are aware of the fact that a huge chunk of players just sit in vr training for hours on end, and then just leave the game and never come back, i've met a ton of brand new players this last week who are bewildered at this design decision, how are you supposed to attract new players to a stagnant game if they can't even load the game up?

there are a lot of solutions that can be done instead of openinig up other continents too, but they'd probably require development time, like maybe not closing the damn game whenever you get kicked from being afk, and that would allow more strict afk boots, or allowing progress to transfer between characters on the same servers in some capacity so people like me who have spent all of their DBC on cosmetics and boosters, but have a hundred thousand certs of gear don't have to restart just so we can actually play.. i've already spent more money on this game than any other game in my life and it's really hard for me to feel like it's been worth it when i get on after work, sit in a que for 2 hours (with premium btw), then realize i have to get off by the time the que pops. seeing "1/43" of que for 20 minutes, then 1/20, then 1/13, is disheartening, honestly.
  2. ShamHotRock

You probably hit the "Faction Pop Queue". Try creating an alternate character on the same server with a different faction. It's good for you (no wait time) and good for the game (balance).

Since you are a premium member, try an NSO character. You will always get a slot and always keep your character progress.

Faction pop queue is needed for balance, nothing that DBG can do.
  3. Edenwolf

It's killing the game for a lot of people yet your faction is still overpopulated hmmm.
    • Up x 1
  4. S7rudL

I log out after 15min or so,..

I also log out at around 11.00 pm together with a bunch of other people, sometimes right after logging in late, because continent locking is awesome at late prime time.

I then tried late night solo ANT base build/farm, but got repeatedly insta *** ***** by a liberator outside of a WP.
    lol
  5. Katshina

i don't know how you guys handle it, but i have over 1500 hours on planetside2, and several hundred dollars put into the game, very little of which is DBC weapons, i'd rather quit the game then have to restart my progression and use stock weapons

i'm dead serious.
  6. 0dineye

This is a very hyperbolic post. I have never had the experience you have had nor have I heard of any premium member waiting hours, even on max pop, even when there two to three times the amount of people playing. I seriously doubt this is happening every night, especially if you are a premium member.

I'm sorry you were inconvenienced. If there was that amount of people were playing at 2am, then the game would have unlocked another content. It does that you know. It's not done manually by default.
  7. JibbaJabba

If it's a faction balance issue then you wouldn't really like what you are asking for.

You'll have one full continent, even populations. Then you'll have one unstable warpgate continent that is almost 100% your own faction.

There is also a matter of membership.

Basically what you are asking is:
    I don't want to start a new character. I want to continue overpopping the other players.
    I don't want to pay for a membership.

I mean if you're asking for a change that puts your needs above others... you best be paying.

I'm sure daybreak would prefer you were playing instead of stuck in a queue, but they don't want to dick over their other players (who may well be actual paying customers).

I feel for ya man. I don't think you're doing anything wrong here, it's just kind of a crappy situation.

If this is NOT a faction balance queue, then kinda scratch everything I said.