new spawn system : good intentions but you didn't think things through

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zizoubaba, May 16, 2019.

1. Zizoubaba

I like what you're trying to do.

My issue is that you"re not doing it...

I won't go into details and everything, but just if I had to name just one thing :

I die, my sundy gets destroyed in enemy region.

a) even if there are friendly sundies nearby, less than 100 meters away (it used to be that you could spawn around in any sundy inside 1000 meters) the game won't let me spawn there..

b) often, the game won't even let me spawn in the base spawn at the previous base

I'm hoping this is a bug and not intended .... ???
    • Up x 1
  2. Towie

Population in a region seems to be the biggest differentiator.

If you are underpop - it's relatively easy to get to places. If overpop - it's a problem. This is irrespective of whether you are winning or losing that base - if you are losing but overpop, it's going to be a problem.

For smaller battles it's ok until it gets to a certain pop size.

Like you I think the intention is good (to create even fights) but it seems overly complex and difficult to tell whether you're going to be able to spawn somewhere until you're 'redeploying'.
    • Up x 1
  3. SquirtAttack

Earlier today, I placed a deployed sundy at the next base over after we just defended our bio lab. By the time it was deployed, enemy was attacking our bio lab again. I re-deployed, defended the bio lab, then tried to redeploy back to my sunderer to start capping the next base, but I could not spawn there. According to the map there were Zero enemy and Zero Friendlies in the next base over where my sunderer was. Ridiculous. They should have just left the spawn system the way it was before. This new system sucks.
    • Up x 1
  4. Crash Bandicoot

The fact that I cannot respawn to my own sunderer that I just deployed a couple minutes ago without ever leaving the region is pure nonsense.
    • Up x 4
  5. Zizoubaba

that's EXACTLY what I was gona post lol, my sundy is 420 meters away, in another region, but I can't spawn there ;..

guys, I was impressed when I read the patchnotes, but it looks to me like you did half the job on friday morning then went to eaty the cake before going home early ..
    • Up x 1
  6. Liewec123

the whole reason to play PS2 over other shooters is the massive battles, the scale of which you won't find elsewhere,
    yet DBG are utterly determined to prevent these massive battles and force you away from them.

you say good intentions, i say WTF were they thinking when they came up with this?!
    puzzling intentions to attempt to forcefully prevent us from the only thing that we play we play PS2 for, the BIG fights.

less big fights, less spawn options at (and around) big fights, longer respawns.
    nothing about this new system is appealing.

bad decision, poorly implemented.
    • Up x 4
  7. Who Garou

Yes.
    Planetside 2 based on "massive" combat is forcing you to engage in battles the size of practically all other shooters on the market.

You can't deploy to a friendly base behind the front-line lattice because if any friendly is there, it has more friendlies than enemies?!
    Huh? what?
    I have spend extra time to fall back to a non-contested friendly base because there are more friendlies there than enemies?

It's like we'll release NSO character so subscribers can get to continents faster, but we have to make up that time waiting in queue by making them wait to spawn where they want to spawn. That'll teach them.

So I'm looking at the populations on the map and I'm not seeing as many big fights as I used to see.

Remember when the center of the map had two or three glorious 48-96 vs 48-96 battles going on?
    Well, we don't have to worry about that causing players lag any more.

I will say that some factions did take advantage of the system by basically dog-piling a point at base at the end of Alerts ... Vanu... sorry, I have a cold ... with so many troops that they weren't all visible to the other faction.
    I remember rushing to save one point, rushing up to it and there were no enemy anywhere to be seen only friendlies ... Lots of friendlies, that couldn't turn the point because there were so many invisible Vanu.\
    So maybe they are trying to stop that from happening, but the same kind of effect would happen if the gate was say at 50 or 60.

It could very well be to delay the inevitable need for players to upgrade their computers to continue playing the game.
    You now how it is. Some players with money to own the newest, highest end gear want the game to be pushing the limits of their equipment - thus, making the game unplayable to a greater number of players that don't own the newest, highest end gear.
    Games are so cool when they do that, right?

So I can only hope that this is a move to continue enabling players with older equipment to be able to play the game.
    My equipment isn't very old, and the switch to DX11 has caused my computer's temperature to spike into unsafe levels. (tweaked things to compensate).

I, however, enjoy battles over 48 vs 48 far more than 24 vs 24 battles. Less than 12 at a base and I might as well be taking advantage of regions where there are no enemies.

... and the only good thing about the spawning system is that if you need to get somewhere, just take a bio when you die and by the time you come back you will have either dc'd or you can pretty much spawn anywhere on the map.
  8. Zizoubaba

So now, thanks to the hard word of the daybreak modding team, if I go alone with my sundy to an enemy base, deploy it, can't cap it so I redeploy back to the previous base and get the A back.

I now can't go back to my sundy.

TLDR : THIS SUCKS DAY BREAK, please take your job more seriously and make even the slightest effort...
  9. Clipped!

People in the thread actually have common sense, unlike daybreak with the new spawn system, the harasser buffs, and the now dirt tier NC MAXes (Liewec123 has some excellent points on this in other threads).