Game is still Cancer

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bambi, May 13, 2019.

1. Bambi

You can improve the performance but you can't fix decade long extant problems apparently.
    • Resources still recharge fully in less than 2 minutes, at no point can you not spawn a vehicle because you have no resources. Capturing bases for their resources is pointless.
    • Buildable bases, I don't see the point. They are not fun to play in, since they are meta-optimized rather than designed for fun. Usually everything is locked to anyone but the creator, and really add nothing worthwhile to the game except lag. I understand the drive to bring back player cities from Galaxies is big, but Galaxies was a proper RPG, this is a shooter. They don't belong.
    • The Lattice is every bit as boring as it was in 2003. The hex system was poorly tuned I understand. But falling back on linear lanes is just ****. If you don't have the wide open map to fight for, but only a few lanes, then what is the point of this game even existing in the first place? Just take some of the better facilities and make instance based maps out of them instead. You get all the instant action you want with less lag. Falling back on this boring idea is simply an admission you can't design a game at all and have to reuse the first idea that came into a random 12 year old kids head 20 years ago because that's apparently still better than anything you can accomplish.
    • Spawning is a mess, pushing back an attack effectively is still virtually impossible, so it's just a two hour meat grinder to capture or defend one facility.
    • Continent locking locks out all fun. Having the map be reset to equal every few hours just means you'll be playing in TI Alloys or The Crown forever, until the end of time. The map will never move. This is actually worse than before you could capture continents at all. Victory points just end the battle before it begins. Dumb, bad, and boring.
    Maybe the game wasn't so well made at launch, but it still was a million times more fun than it is now. One step forward, ten steps back, over the edge, into the ravine, down the river, and out into the ocean never to be seen again.
    Done with this crap. It's been 10 years.
  2. Rydenan

no u.
    • Up x 1
  3. Pacster3

I'm out of resources quite often and I do not even go heavily into vehicle combat. Pull an ESF, get killed in no time...pull another: Out of resources. Pull a MAX, get killed...and you can't even pull a second.

Sure, if you a running harassers all the time with a friend and both of you pull harassers then you won't run out of resources. That's simply cause harassers are way too cheap for their impact on battlefield(they should be somewhere between 300 and 350).
    If you just pull vehicles while having ASP discounts, membership and 2 res boosters running then you will have a hard time running out of resources too. For free2play-players resources are definitely limiting tho. Same counts for new players as they die much more.