NS Robots need their own voice pack.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Wargrade, May 11, 2019.

1. Wargrade

Title says it all.
    • Up x 5
  2. Eternaloptimist

A default "robotic" voicepack would have been a nice touch
    • Up x 1
  3. Crash Bandicoot

4. Twin Suns

" A strange game.The only winning move is not to play." - The Whopper, some artificial intelligence machine.
  5. LandTortilla

the issue is that you wouldn't know what team is doing the spotting when you hear it, could be yours could be theirs. Could be especially confusing if it was custom lines and not faction default lines.
  6. Gibber

I think the NSO should be able to choose one of any of the existing voice packs from each of the faction to use when they are on that faction. If not, having a robotic voice specific for each faction would help avoid confusion.
  7. Wargrade

Just give them robotic lines for each faction. They should at least sound mechanical. Right now they can only choose from the greenhorn voice, so they sound like robot teenagers.
  8. AlcyoneSerene

A bunch of simple voice lines are really one of the easiest, cheapest things to implement. It does not require famous voice actors or anything. Either reuse the people who made the existing voice packs, or post applications for people with a somewhat more interesting or defined voice, and narrate something similar to existing factions but made unique to NSOs.

I'd personally like to see a NSO female, NSO male, and NSO neutral robotic voice, each of which you can chose and which changes according to the faction one is assigned to in order to not be confusing to the 3 factions as someone already mentioned. NSOs aren't A.I. from what I understand, but controlled by an NS operative, so a unique human voice option makes as much sense as a synthesized version.
  9. DarkStarAnubis

DBG could pick the greenhorn voice pack and run through a simple voice changer software (tons of those around) giving a robotic pitch.
    • Up x 1
  10. LandTortilla

This is probably the best option for both being robotic and recognizing the faction that the NSO is on
  11. Pondera

TBH, with the lack of NS MBTs and ESFs that robots can play with, in combination with the fact that you're almost always going to be outnumbered because of the way the population balancing works, it seems that this 4th faction wasn't very well thought out at launch. The potential for new and interesting things is there, Daybreak just needs to fill it out with a bit more content.