can we please stop using control panel to close the game?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by typnct, May 3, 2019.

1. typnct

ever since ive played this game i had issues with logging out of the game, it would blue screen me, ram leak it, freeze the pc for a few minutes, not allow me to look at the control panel etc...

so can we please at least at ver dx11 fix the goddamn exit button to not freeze lock the screen to back?
  2. Draylynn

Are you running fullscreen? This is a common issue when fullscreen programs screw around during shutdown.

Whilst on that topic; The UserOptions.ini would be nice if it was actually followed. Every time I have to launch the game, regardless of what the options are set as (and they have been reset, repeatedly), fullscreen-windowed is forced to fullscreen.
  3. PlanetBound

Put a safe copy somewhere outside of the game folder. Edit the ini in the game folder, save it, and set permission to read only.
  4. 1nco

Hmm never had even the slightest issue with closing it since the games birth
  5. 3Stan2112

Ditto. Take a look at your hardware or OS.
  6. Sprant Flere-Imsaho

I've never had a problem closing the game though either the in game menus or just alt+F4. I'm not saying the game has never hung and required task manager to close it but that's been quite rare.
  7. ObiVanuKenobi

Doesn't happen to me, game closes normally.
  8. JudgeNu

Task Manager.