[BUG] Fix the server lag you nitwits

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Beerbeerbeer, May 3, 2019.

1. Beerbeerbeer

Fix this god-forsaken server lag. Stuff like this is what drove people away in the first place.

You introduce a nice, new DX11 patch hoping to bring people back—who likely left because of poor frame rate and lag—only to have the same server lag.

Where was the foresight? Where was the planning? You’re not going to keep these returning players by repeating the same history that failed you, you nitwits
    • Up x 1
  2. Sparkatb

+1
    Bump, because the OP message is spot on.

Miller server here, literally just now the server went down for maintenance, at 10pm UK time... was having an absolute blast of a good time whilst battling the sheer constant server lag lol
  3. T-1000

In addition to what said the patching on Friday evening instead of mid-week only adds frustation.
    And the spent money in game is going waste on dying playerbase...
    • Up x 1
  4. Machxin

My brother and I just got back and have been trying to play on our days off loving it but with these downtimes every damn day taking hours as soon as we get back with the update and not to mention I can run over someone with my car twice and they just reappear somewhere else due to lag.
    This needed some thought put into it, the numbers arent going to last if they do another stupid update like this because to be honest I love the game and so does my brother but if we cant play the damn thing in our off work hours then we will switch, just that simple.
    Not gonna invest time in a game that will die to due to bad decisions and terrible ideas like "hey lets down a downtime at one of the peak times to play when people get off work in america, also hey lets totally take it down twice when we have huge numbers and battles happening and revitilizing the game."
    beyond me, beyond reason or logic for me.
    if theirs a downtime tomorrow I will just switch games, sorry dudes but im not in the mood to sit around with what free time I get and waste it trying to get into a game when I can just go play a game that isnt doing something this illogical and dumb.
    • Up x 1
  5. Machxin

exactly I was about to purchase the hockey mask and an outfit for my light assault or infiltrator, then the first downtime happened. So I waited, now the second, so no wont be putting that money in now, its illogical to want to look cool in a game with skins if the game will be dead due to poor management like h1z1 just survive did.
    The devs had this chance to make the game big again, bring back some numbers, and they go "hey lets really screw that up, lets crap the bed on this whole thing and put another nail in the ole game coffin"
    Their decision costed them me buying prob 20+ bucks of stuff and my bro was going to as well. Thats not including if I didnt outfit my harrasser or flash. So just say the downtime is costing them cash for us people that came back to the game.
  6. OneShadowWarrior

You pretty much in this post have said what I want to say, but I try so hard to be eloquent. Daybreak had a lot of layoffs, badly understaffed.
    • Up x 1