DX11 Stuttering and Input Lag?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Magma52, May 3, 2019.

1. Magma52

I know the server issues are terrible, but I'm a little concerned that nobody is talking about the stuttering and mouse input lag since the DX11 update. Surely I'm not the only one?
    • Up x 2
  2. Niamar

The game is unplayable, and with low server population at that. Take us back to before the Operation: make faster game update, that is when things started going downhill, dx11 update is the kill shot.

What good is 200+ fps when the servers are below 10fps.
  3. Demigan

Could you guys mention what server you play on? I play on Miller (europe) and have seen no indication of such problems, not in my playtime or from the reactions of players in chat.
  4. Sparkatb

Same, UK player here I play on Miller server and the only lag I notice (a LOT) is server lag.
  5. Shadowdev

I'm on the Emerald server and the game is only playable in the mornings, still with bugs but the server latency is very low 30-50, evenings it rises to about 260s.
  6. Jingstealer

Same issues here, so bad it seriously demotivates me to play. Stuttering is the worst it has ever been, input lag is probably connected to that. Playing TR where dmg output and K/D depends on your FPS and stability A LOT, this makes for the least fun to play the game has been since release. Please fix this!!
  7. icufos

I play on Miller and have no stuttering. No problems?

My mouse is set to 125 polling rate. I saw it somewhere and a demo to prove it helped performance. It does.
  8. icufos

Miller (Europe) I forgot to add.
    Makes sense now. I see the neg comments and my experience is just different. Very little lag. Nine most of the time. Must be because I'm on 'Miller'.
    Emerald seems to have the problems.
  9. scoobmx

10. tommyrocket

For me, yes. Exactly like that issue described on there. That very same issue, however, has been around for over a year.

The longer the game is on, the worse it gets. XP gain, hitting targets with shotgun pellets, scoring kills, getting killed/shot, etc.

It simply becomes unplayable after an hour or two, sometimes not even that long. It's difficult to find concrete information on what directly causes this level of performance degradation, but whatever is doing it seems to be fairly specific. By that, I mean that one of the many probable causes is likely a common part of gameplay, like using terminals, just to make an example. A recent bug fix was supposed to be related to something in that manner.

If anyone has any information, or even a very good guess, it would be much appreciated if you would share it. For those who do not report or experience any of these issues, I would also like to know what kind of system setup you are running, as that helps in finding out whether it is hardware or software aiding in causing the issue. I believe that if it were only the game client or a network issue causing it, that it should affect more people, yet it seems to be fairly isolated.
  11. VeryCoolMiller

g-sync monitor 1070 ti , i play on miller... 0 stuttering... i don't experience input lag in normal fights.
  12. scoobmx

I suspect it may have to do with the HUD, which is common to all of those things you mentioned. I run an ultrawide on a GTX 1070 with Freesync, but know a friend with the same issue using just a regular widescreen without any vsync on a GTX 970. I've tried resetting my useroptions.ini, and also tried deleting my shader cache, but it didn't seem to do anything.