Dying almost instantly to every weapon

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Drasilov, Feb 9, 2015.

1. ThuddenBlunder

If you are trying to give advice to a new player, you REALLY need to work on your delivery. Because you come off like some total white knight **** head. There do seem to be problems cropping up with hit detection, I know I have had more problems with it recently than ever before. Sometimes it's not spray 'n pray that's the problem, it's carefully line up the shot and pray and still miss anyway.
  2. Illucidator

Also another usually when some catches me offguard you dont have many options so say you get the sneak on me but im able to turn around. If i mange to get to that point without dieing guess what imma try to do to even the playing field. Ill usually aim for headshots which causes flinch and makes u miss alot of shots afterward. This actually works really well but i mean its the only counter to if someone catches u offguard. worse case scenario i still die because its a high br heavy better case we both die best case I actually manage to kill him because headshots flinch etc.
  3. Keldrath

In this game you have to quickly burst fire and land headshots. You simply HAVE to. It's not like Battlefield or CoD where headshots are nice but not essential.

They most certainly are essential. Quickly bursting will give you higher accuracy, and hitting the head will kill people before they even have a chance to react.

Quite simply, if you don't do it, you will always lose 100% of the time to the people that do.
    • Up x 2
  4. Who Garou

People will refute it, but a high connections speed makes all the difference as does how far you are from the server and how many hops it take to get there an back.
    If the game server doesn't know that you are pressing fire on your mouse, you're not firing yet.
    If the game server hasn't told you that there is an enemy firing on you, that doesn't mean that the game server doesn't all ready know that the other player has already pushed his fire button to fire at you.

Sure we are talking about fractions of a second (on a good day), but any kind of lag can make this seconds ... and that makes all the difference in the world.

To your computer they could still be around the corner when the server knows that they are in the room targeting you and opening fire.
    -or-
    You open fire on your computer, but the server is already trying to send you information that the other player has already shot you multiple times.

Unfortunately, the communication isn't as equally instantaneous (tm) for all players.

Of course, there is also the processing speed of computers, disk use, back ground processes, live tiles, random updates, etc. to take into account as well.
    • Up x 2
  5. Drasilov

I'm not a new player - I'm no great player either I admit! I have a decent connection (hovers around 50-80 ms) so I dont really understand the lag.

Today I was sat in my tank in the middle of Crossroads and there are no tanks anywhere around me that i can see yet I get the whump whump of hits on my tank. I look around - not a soul in sight. Whump whump, all I can see is one missile arcing over a hill, locking onto me and hitting my tank from god alone knows where. I still dont know what weapon it was but there's no LOS or enemies rendering anywhere near me.

I dont know if its my game thats bust tbh...maybe try a reinstall?
  6. Alarox

You're missing and they're hitting.

You might appear to die in only ~3 bullets or something because everything you see someone else do has already happened.

The trick is to always have the initiative and exploit this in your favor.
  7. Alarox

In my online gaming experience, >95% of complaints about hit detection are excuses or misunderstandings.

I even see people post videos of supposed hit detection problems where they literally just miss. Have you seen that MattiAce video?

Planetside 2 does have hit detection issues, but that ends up justifying a lot of the people who use bad hit detection as an excuse.
  8. ThuddenBlunder

I do understand that a great deal(more than 95% is overstating it) attributed to hit detection issues stem from other things that may either user based (lousy shot, computer or connection), or game or network based (any # of problems).

Hell, I admit I'm a lousy shot, that's why I play support classes, I don't miss as often with the med tool or the repair gun. :) I hadn't noticed any real problems before Dec., but since then I have had things happen that just stopped me in my tracks and made me go, "Wha-?". I'm just reporting on personal experience, not claiming it is something happening to everyone.
    • Up x 1
  9. Hjorik

I'd like to point out that i am not noob, lvl 79 played many hours and yes... i have this too.
    i play support only and try to avoid engaging directly cuz input lag makes it almost impossible to win a firefight.
    very frustrating but nothing you can actually do about it.
    • Up x 1
  10. Skraggz

Not a noob.... but can't tell when you dug up a beyond dead thread? the necro on this one is insane, the game was vastly different 4 years ago....
    • Up x 1
  11. Beerbeerbeer

Nanoweave should be default.

A lot of these noobies have no idea how much of a huge difference fully-certed nanoweave makes in regards to feeling like you’re dying instantly.

These noobies don’t stick around long enough to learn this or endure enough to fully cert it. They’re at a huge disadvantage versus veteran players because of this and that’s why this game has difficulty growing and attracting and keeping new players.
  12. UnknownR

How server handle the hits should be the thing, and it will be also partly because of the real 'miss shots' especially after that you start losing the 'feel' (come, some of your skilled things, it is the time for showing your ability of conscious ballistic calculation of infan engage lel) of playing this sort of game due to the thing those called 'client side'.

From my guess about things told and wrote, lag in general should be an advantage for aggressive attack> you can see and hit your enemy in advantage than they see and hit you which just as some of those have already told.
    But what I am think about is, when you have a bad internet in fact, but the game treat you with the low ping mechanism> lol.

Here are ppls talking 'you are not hit as well as those 1000+hours player' and etc all the time. But I am expecting that they will perform better next time on PS2 battle event to support all these frustrating things are caused by the player differences.

There was also a quite interesting answer from my question- why it feels 'that' different between trying the gun in VR and firing them to some players.
    The answer is 'the VR target are not moving'. Yap of course these are not moving, and the general players are all doing Brownian Motion and will never be limited by the dimensions of the concept 'plane' under their glory feet.

Well, I am always trying to keep a good attitude. But seems I am not really good at this.

Maybe the best thing we can do here is simply- 'just leave'.
  13. Twin Suns

Dying almost instantly to every weapon, is like tasting all the flavors of the rainbow. :)

We all got that free bag of Skittles in the beginning, keep plugging away killer.

o7
  14. Edenwolf

In this game you HAVE to get good at landing headshots, what it comes down to in the end is who landed the most, in short to medium range engagements, a lot of the time it doesn't matter what weapon is used. Listen out for the amount of headshot that you are taking when being killed, they make a special sound.

I used to aim for the body as it was the safest way to land bullets but I practiced aiming for the head and can now land them far more consistantly. You'll rack up hella fast kills this way and will feel the TTK being much less.
  15. Gary

Most weapons in the game can kill you in 0.2 seconds. This is about the same time for the average human reaction time so you will find you often die immediately or very quickly. A lot of it comes down to positioning and just being in an unpredictable spot.

Now with that in mind the servers are ******. See how things are after the change. You are absolutely not dying in 1 or 2 hits from automatic weapons though. It just feels that way.
  16. Skraggz

The post was made on Feb 9th, 2015..... that is OVER 4 years ago, the OP is most likely not to respond, this was a necro'd thread.

I shouldn't have to point this out to people but check the dates of the forums, if it is older chance are it's no longer relevant. If it's older why not open a new thread to have a discuss that is more up to date.
  17. Capnode

Have to agree with alot of these comments. Finding a playstyle in a game much different than all the others is challenging, for me the engineer was the most versatile class. Whichever class you choose, implants and slots upgrades are just as important as your weapon. Make sure to do the events, most importantly the newest one is very easy.
    At the moment though, with all of these bugs I could not imagine what the server is going through. It needs time to cool down, I found that my favorite weapon the warden greatly increases my chance of not deploying air and ground. So I stopped using it until the bugs are fixed.
    As far as latency, it happens randomly, earlier this morning I was on nc in a valk as a gunner. I switch from gunner to seat to repair. I had to wait a good minute before it let me back in the gun.
    My sunderer would also take hits, and not register the damage as if I'm in God mode. Then other times I would take one hit and blow up.
    Sure, it could be the get gud aspect, but the server is most certainly suffering from the dx11 update.
  18. Gary

Its going to be more relevant now then ever.
  19. SilentSueRia

I myself are not feeling much, if any server connection lag. So I cannot confirm or deny what could be causing your issue. But internet/server lag in FirstPersonShooter's has a long history in allowing such dreadful outcomes.

One other possibility to consider is FramesPerSecond lag or low FramesPerSecond count.
    Rapid firing of weapons is tied to FramesPerSecond for PlanetSide 2. This is why so many FPS gaming enthusiast are so hardcore about milking every frame they can.
    It is also why I am at a K/D disadvantage. Running a triple monitor 5760 x 1080 using only 2 Nvidia 970s in SLI. I finally got the widescreen spanning I wanted for over a decade... but my frames are around 30 to 50. I am shooting less bullets per second then others who stick too a single monitor that is getting 150 FramesPerSecond. That person with a single monitor can fire 3 to 5 times faster then I can.

Fortunately I enjoy playing engineer and medic most of the time, so I am usually spending more time heal/repairing, recon darts, deployables, so I don't often feel the pain of not being able to fire as fast as someone else in 1 on 1 fights, since I am usually not getting into fire fights in the first place, I'm providing support instead.

But if I wanted to actually do the gunning, I would have to change my view or massively upgrade my video card(s).
  20. JibbaJabba

Your GPU bound low FPS is going to be a rounding error away from the same RoF that a high FPS machine has.

They are not firing 3-5 times faster than you. At worst they are firing 3-5 PERCENT faster than you.

http://iridar.net/rate-of-fire-vs-framerate/