[Suggestion] A beautiful disaster

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TRspy007, Apr 25, 2019.

1. TRspy007

As most of us know, the DX11 patch went live with many other changes and....wow. Honestly I might just be stupid for expecting something different from the devs this time, but it seems that the DX11 patch wasn't taken as seriously as it should have and the fact that the huge spike latency and the infinite bugs that have rendered the game nearly unplayable, even for a dedicated Planetstide 2 fan like me, is a testament to how poorly the playtest and addressing the bugs it revealed were carried out by the team.
    Honestyl
    • Up x 1
  2. VeryCoolMiller

on my system runs pretty well
    • Up x 2
  3. Technologist

• Up x 3
  4. strikearrow

I too am taking a break for awhile. My steady 55-65 fps went to a constantly bouncing 50-120 fps with vehicles and infantry just appearing out of thin air. I set the graphics to stabilize fps, but it made no difference. It's unplayable.
    • Up x 1
  5. TRspy007

I came back cuz i waas going to type a huge passionate essay just to see my cat managed to post this...idk how to delete it, but my latest thread is the complete version of this, so plz disregard this one XD.
  6. Redoubt

The idea of improving the game that I love is an idea I strongly approve of. I like all the content of the latest patch. This patch will be very popular.

In saying that, I thought that there would be some problems. I installed the patch, but right now, I can't play at all. I'm not sure what to do. The error message says " needs windows 7 service pack 1 platform update".

Perhaps I need to reinstall windows, who knows. Could a future hotfix fix the problem? I know I have this service pack installed. Could be that slipstreaming sp1 into windows 7 made things conflict. We will see. I will wait for a weekend and see what comes of things.
    • Up x 1
  7. Towie

I have a multi-boot setup with various OS including an old Win7 x64 specifically for playing PS2. I purposefully stopped the patches (didn't want Meltdown / Spectre to slow things down) but it DEFINITELY had SP1 - and yet I had the same message.

I bit the bullet and let Windows update - after the update, the message went away - so there's definitely a patch that its looking for but it's not SP1.

As for the speed difference post Spectre / Meltdown ? Can't tell as the new PS2 is blazingly fast !
    • Up x 1
  8. JobiWan

I played a couple of hours last night and ended up rage quitting. Frames on Hossin were pretty poor and there are just so many bugs it's not funny. I'm taking a break for a week or so until they iron out the bugs.
    • Up x 2
  9. Technologist

10. FLHuk

Logged in and loved the look, the feel. It all seemed ok....

Indar on Cobalt is currently stuck, frames are bouncing wildly, stutter and TI Alloys is pure hell for everyone stuck there.

I really wanted this to work and I hope and trust it gets sorted but yeah a timeout is looking good.... Feel so sorry for any new players :/
  11. Redoubt

12. Ypsilon-Oh

Planetside2 was way better back then under SOE, support wise and at much other aspects...
  13. icufos

Think it would be useful to add what your running on if having problems.

I have no problems so far on ..

i54670K 3.4GZ
    RX 580 8GB
    Windows 7 Sp1
    16GB RAM
    27 inch monitor
    350mb connect but poor HUB 3 modem.
    EC1-A mouse running at 125 polling rate/800DPI.
    Avast/Mbam.
    Running at 1600/900 windowed.
    Can run it at 1920x1080 but I prefer to see desktop.
    Framerates are fine.

One setting ultra, rest at high. Most others off. AMD cards can be iffy with some of those fancy settings. On most games, not just this one.
    Game looks fantastic and runs like a dream.
    I'm puzzled and interested why some are having probems?
    • Up x 1
  14. FLHuk

I take back my previous post, in part.

I logged in a few hours later and though there were a multitude of bugs non were ground breaking, for myself at least, on a 2009 cpu/mobo.

They'd seemingly switched off several things in order to let us play.... Thank you.

I have my faith restored that the bug list will shrink and fingers are crossed this is a road started towards higher populations to farm, erm, play against.
    • Up x 1
  15. Redoubt

I agree, when I finally got to play, when I'd sorted out my problem. I was shocked at how much better the game ran. I myself have a computer I built in 2011, its gotten a little dated. The thing is, I was able to put my graphics setting to medium without any major frame loss. The game is running so much better. Looks nicer too (might be only because I was able to change some settings).

I also think that my favorite game is going in the right direction. This was no small investment of time/money/investment on the part of the developers. Its probably going to bring back some people.

Did anyone think that the join combat was pretty great? I was getting well balanced and fun fights all night. I was spending more time fighting and less time trying to find fights.

I regret nothing...
  16. SgtScum

This hotfix seems to have fixed what the last one broke and upped performance to boot. Running like a dream again especially in what used to be biolag zerg fests.
    • Up x 2
  17. Twin Suns

A Beautiful Disaster - 311

o7
    • Up x 1
  18. Zmei

Last patch broken game!
    There is ripples! reminds as though I did not include a VSync, but it enabled.
    Darklight Flashlight dont work!
    Anti-tank mines dont work! (may be they fixed it already)
    FPS low than was.
    I have one question: why did you let to break the game ?!:mad:
    It is impossible to play, i do not derive pleasure from a game as it was before patch....:(
    • Up x 2
  19. Zer0Dawn

This update is disaster for me i had no problems before it all ran smoothly at stable 100-120fps even in large battles now my frame are constantly spiking from 40 to 120 and server latency was around stable 40ms now is 3 to 4 times that arond 160ms+.Not to talk about all the bugs like darklight doesnt work,all mines blow like 5mins later also grenades blow off like half min later,construction models are not working like skywall shiled,field tool for deconstruction not working,spawn becons need like min or more to come online,etc.And i have year old rig with rtx 2080 gpu used to run at ultra now i switched to low and is still the same crap played around with settings nothing works they ******* ruined it and 2 quick stealth patches later the crap is still the same.
    • Up x 1