[BUG] Game wont launch after the update.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by KingDeadly, Apr 26, 2019.

1. KingDeadly

So, after the recent update i am unable to launch the game. I press play and it says playing and then nothing, i can see planetside 2 process (planetside 2 Play client) running in the background after pressing play but nothing. I tried validating the files and i tried the following suggested things

• Go to your game's folder and find the file "Launchpad-user.ini" and delete it.
    • Then, open the launchpad.libs folder, then delete the folder named launchpad.cache.
    • Then, go to C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow and delete the entire "Daybreak Game Company" and "Sony Online Entertainment" folders. (These folders are flagged as "Hidden" - you will need to enable the "View Hidden Files and Folders" option in the Folder Options menu of your Windows Explorer)

but nothing worked and the game still refuses to launch. Any help is greatly appreciated.

My PC Specs -
    • CPU - i7 8700
    • GPU - GTX 1080 Ti
    • Ram - 32 GB (2x 16 GB)
    • Samsung 850 Evo 512 GB SSD (This is where all my games are installed)
    • Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB SSD (Dedicated to OS)
    • Toshiba 4 TB HDD
    • OS - Windows 10 Latest build.

All drivers are up to date. I've played the game yesterday before the patch for 4 hrs before calling it a day, and now when i woke up and patched the game it wont even launch. Kind disappointed cause i was really waiting for the new patch.
  2. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Not sure what the issue might be - you can send info to help.daybreakgames.com and that team might be able to assist you.
    • Up x 1
  3. TRspy007

maybe just try reinstalling the game in a different location? Launches for me, but plays like garbage
  4. KingDeadly

I have uploaded a video to youtube so as to show you guys what i am talking about.
  5. KingDeadly

Thank you, i did that, awaiting for the response.
  6. KingDeadly

Finally found a fix after messing around for 2 days. If you have MSI after burner and rivaTurner then turn off Custom Direct3D support and the game should work. We need that for recursion to work properly and since recursion wont work with the new update anyway we can turn it off.