How to dodge bullets

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by kassad, Apr 15, 2019.

1. kassad

The title is right.
    You can see how top players move.

He single handedly butchered 10 people with this movement.
    It is the only thing that bothers me in this game. Its not always but when you see it you will know it.

I dont know if this is a speed hack or hitbox modifier or something else..
    You can see I never made a headshot but the game says I did..So apparently you can move your head in groins.
    Also the speed movement is instant, like somebody pushed the button.

Again, the hacks dont exists, its just a lag...
  2. TerminalT6

This doesn't look particularly suspicious to me. He was in a reload and had no cover from you, so he opted to evade by moving back and forth. Anyone can do this by swinging your aim left to right while sprinting in a certain way that screws with the game's animations. (too lazy to link a vid, srry) You landed a headshot because you weren't bursting, so your cone of fire was blooming across all 26 shots you fired. For example, you can see your last shot bouncing off the stairs, far from where your crosshair was.
    • Up x 1
  3. AllRoundGoodGuy

4. Demigan

Aside from the fact that he didn't really dodge a lot of the bullets, this is a problem with the latency system where the hitbox and the player model misalign when the player does a lot of quick direction changes. It's one of the reasons why players have been asking for a limit to the amount of movements you can make to prevent it. Also for a ton of players to say "I see no problem here" and keep abusing a bug in the game.

We just need something similar to jumping. You jump too much in quick succession, you suddenly slow down. You change direction too much which you only do when you deliberately try to mess with the hitbox system and you'll be punished for it. That way we can all focus on actual gameplay, rather than hoping that our next target won't explicitly abuse a bug to try and make you miss.
  5. ObiVanuKenobi

Hitboxes are clientside so they always match the model, they're never misaligned.
    • Up x 2
  6. Demigan

Clientside hitbox and clientside model can be misaligned. Besr visible when shooting someone who followed you on a jumppad.
  7. Rydenan

This.
    This is caused by the fact that your bullets do not inherent your velocity, so you seemingly have to aim way ahead of the player. Not because the hit boxes are misaligned. Proof? It’s easy to hit someone who’s flying to/from a jump pad when you’re stationary on the ground. And their hit box is exactly where you’d expect it to be.

There is exactly zero precedent or reason why the hit box would ever be positioned separately from the model. Calculating their locations individually, and/or sending them over the network independently, would be a phenomenal waste of resources with no benefit.
    • Up x 1
  8. Exileant

;) What I saw is not hack or lag, to do this all one needs to do is turn up their camera/turning sensitivity to maximum. o_O This makes it almost impossible to aim close range for your average person, but if you master it sprinting and using the camera to sing back and forth instead of strafing, thanks to how the character moves when in mid turn, (Leaning left and right on a tight turn), you can almost completely destroy the ability for your enemy to get a head-shot. :( This move does however take slight advantage of latency, because you move far too fast for the game to truly keep up. (Which is why you got all those mixed hits) So in reality you may as well be up against an Upgrade in The Matrix, or at the very least a Mister Anderson on his first attempt at trying it. ;) The easiest way to defeat it is kind if represented in that Matrix clip. When you try a quick dodge, there is going to be some part of your body not really moving far. For Upgrades, you go for the legs. All that speed and power dodging required them to plant both feet, having invented the move they understood this; :D which is why they shot Anderson in the leg. o_O To properly stop someone from getting a head-shot you Jitter back and forth as fast as you can, keeping your head mobile, the catch is the faster you Jitter the less your center mass is really moving so aiming for the body will stop them from getting the upper hand in the damage war, when they finally do stop to attack they are in serious trouble with life and will often Jump or Duck it is your match to lose at that point. Of coarse the easiest way to combat that move is simply use a shotgun. ;) (A Jitterbugs worst enemy.) Thanks to how fast they have to transition left to right for the Jitter to mess with anything, they rarely exceed the spray pattern of your favorite shotgun. Remember that, next time you deal with an Agent. Personally I left jitterbugging back in my Call Of Duty days. It was not worth the hassle of dealing with with enemies that would have otherwise been easy kills, but thanks to how snappy the aim was I often hit everything but the enemy unless I managed to stop the sight directly one them; and even then adjusting to their natural strafe dodging was like drying to draw a masterpiece with an Etch-A-Sketch... :confused: I could escape like nobodies business, but kills were slow coming, and would almost always land me mid board....
  9. 0fly0

Funny that the only thing that impress you is some regular **** ada move while reloading on a character with close to 40% acc on lmg and 3.5 kill/min...
    You still kill him, would have been better if you aim higher, learn to burst and change your mouse sensitivity
  10. JibbaJabba

Since he was reloading he had no reason to aim. With no reason to aim he could dodge with sprinting instead of strafing. Absolutely zero hacking or abusing going on in there. Just good dodging.

The reason you hit him in the head is you were failing to reset your cone of fire. You missed lots of bullets at the spot you aimed. Most went by harmless, some hit the head.

You got lucky. That engagement could have ended differently.
  11. FateJH

The original Aegis jump jets proved that momentum could move the hitbox in ways that were not represented by the position of the model. You could still slightly nick it with a bullet while slightly off the mesh but it also kept moving away from the mesh to parts unknown. As far as DBG (then-SOE) bugfixes are made public, they stated retuning the jump jets when they re-released them, not changing the momentum calculations or forcing alignment of the model and hitbox.
  12. Rydenan

I’d need to see that proof. As I said earlier, the devs would actually have to go out of their way to design the game in such a way that the hit box could ever be separated from the model.