The game is currently VERY VERY laggy! (Cobalt)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zizoubaba, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Zizoubaba

And I'm not the only one complaining about it..

Pressing TAB to show hte ping and latency shows that everything is normal.

However certain actions (not all of them) will happen a few seconds after I executed them.

As far as I can tell, it's all actions that are affected however only some of them now and then.

And movement seems to be fine..

Haven't seen the game in this state in a long time ..
  2. Jac70

I've just installed this weekend after about 6-7 months out. First thing I noticed was how well the game was running - certainly feels more fluid with less FPS drops.

I've also noticed that lag is insane, even when there doesn't seem to be much going on around the hex I am in. Stuff like shooting AP rounds at enemy tanks and seemingly not hitting, only to have the hit marker appear 4-5 seconds. later. Cloak taking 2 - 3 seconds to respond. Not being able to bail out of a burning vehicle because the key won' respond.

Also the VS on Miller seems to have gone to absolute ****e!!!! :eek:
    • Up x 1
  3. Kristan

Miller is bad too. I had situations exactly like this. We just stand and shoot each other, till lag is gone, hitregs are count and we both die.

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  4. Cassane

Hahhahaha, nice finding. Exactly this since a week now.
  5. Zizoubaba

Exactly my experience @@

Not every time, but often enough for it to be frustrating :)
  6. Walegrin

Yep, can't cloak/de-cloak on ATV without hitting the button 3 times, which means you're dead. Trying to repair as engineer and I keep getting mines showing, hit the key, hit the key, hit the key... Been going on all week. Full auto weapons still cut out at times, usually when I log in, but I live with it, I mean die with it.
  7. strikearrow

Ever since the October patch debacle, the servers have deteriorated - not all that long before they announced PSA, a coincidence, I think not. Very very likely, beyond any reasonable doubt actually, they are moving resources to PSA from PS2 and we should expect more of the same.
  8. Juno

Emerald is trashed too.
    I blasted a guy with tank cannon and he ran back around the corner then about a full 6-7 seconds later I got a hitmarker he died and I got the kill. Been getting that crap all day. Infantry fighting is painful with all the bullets you land on people and not even getting hit markers until 10 seconds later. I've literally been getting kills on people with my gun 5 seconds after die.