PS-A, seasons passes and how they'll work?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Demigan, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Demigan

How will these seasons passes work?

1: you buy the game with seasons 1 pass (could you buy without? Is that useful?). After season 1 passes you have to buy season 2 or you cant play again.
    2: you buy the game with season 1 pass. As season 1 ends you can still play season 1 but anyone with season 2 will not play with you
    3: you buy the game with season 1 pass. Season 2 starts and you can play with anyone but are excluded from season 2 vehicles, game modes and items when they come by.
    4: if you dont buy season 2 but (re)join at season 3, does season 2 need to be bought to get access to its content?
    5: how expensive will each season pass be?
  2. HippoCryties

I’m also really confused. It seemed like weapons were on there too... hopefully it works like fornites
  3. Demigan

Bumpity bump, any more info yet?
  4. Liewec123

it'll be very cashgrabby, like all other similar games,
    season passes are generally like this, they release new maps/modes etc and you can't play them unless you pay,
    you can still play the ones that you got from earlier season passes though.
    personally i think its terrible for P2P games to make you pay for content.

i've actually been telling folks on youtube to come play PS2 for free instead of pay to play PS:A,
    perhaps we can convince enough people to play this instead that we can thwart the coming apocalypse.

(side note: a few hours ago i was thinking about preordering PS:A
    but then i read the dreaded words "Season Pass" and now i'll be avoiding it like it was made by EA.)
    • Up x 1
  5. Pelojian

another thing to consider is whether game modes themselves are restricted by seasons or not, if i recall they plan a bunch of game modes, it'd suck if you could only play a specific game mode within a specific 3 months of the year.
  6. Ragnarock

The season pass system , for me is good news, as long as they're worth buying, as long as they keep the game alive and healthy I'll keep buying new season passes. I like the fact that I can just get a pass and don't have to worry about stuff like loot boxes or grinding hours and hours for just one weapon like in planetside 2.
  7. iPervy