My Thoughts On PlanetSide: Arena

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BuzzCutPsycho, Dec 15, 2018.

1. BuzzCutPsycho

It may actually be good...

• Up x 3
  2. Hegeteus

This is the last name I expected to show up on this forum. Right after the devs anyway.
  3. BuzzCutPsycho

I keep up with things.
  4. iPervy

Tbh overtime I'm warming up to PSA as I learn more about it (the trailers really got me sour on the game prematurely - deservedly so if you ask me).

Personally the big issue for me now is looking at how the game can get folks to accept the price tag as its a big hump with all the competition. Theres also will be some competition for PSA's scale such as Mavericks proving grounds which is planed for early 2019 and unlike PSA its F2P (I think).

Just think its a tough sell. I have many other issues with the game, but I'm willing to at least see how it plays out live at this point. Haha just have to realize we just got dropped a whole lot of lemons, and like it or not a galaxy drop (Or I guess in PSA context a bastion fleet) of more lemons is on the way. So, I'm trying to see how to make the best of it.
  5. BuzzCutPsycho

Their biggest mistake was mentioning Battle Royale.
    • Up x 2
  6. TriumphOfMan

Mavericks is battle royal. Arena's interesting mode is the large scale clash mode, not the survival BR garbage. If Arena tries to push the BR garbage as their main deal they're going to fall over in short order.
  7. Pelojian

the only real problem i see at the moment is the season pass system.

seasons last 3 months with specific game modes, if you have to fork out cash every 3 months consistently to access game modes(even when you've paid for enough seasons to unlock all game modes) and if the season you are presently in restricts the game modes so you can only play the specific modes of that season then i think a decent amount of people will have a problem with that.

the whole season thing seems to me like they are trying to make it a strongly competitive style game in an attempt to attract people to make public tournaments with prize pools for free advertising of the game.
  8. iPervy

Darn this must be a testament to how poorly they are communicating they're game. I don't blame you, since I was thinking the same.

It seems to me seasons aren't something you pay for, but another word for a new batch of updates to add on to the game. So each season could add another mode or two, cosmetics/weapons/story stuff/etc. I doubt you'd actually have to pay for access to each new season after buying the game (though to be honest I thought that was the case not long ago, and darnit could even be wrong - which would suck haha). What makes this more confusing is that I think there is also some kind of subscription as well? I assume thats just having a allaccess membership? Not sure what that will benefit you i PSA though. Perhaps allaccess is for unlocking extra cosmetics via the seasons where nonmembers miss out on.

They also use terms like battle pass a lot assuming we know what in the world thats suppose to means. Seriously though what in the heck is a battle pass. Seems like its something you can level? So I'm guessing instead of leveling up a toon your leveling up this battle pass thing instead for some kind of gear? Is it the currency for PSA?

I had a rough time even trying to find info on PSA from a official source without resorting to 3rd party news sites, and I still don't get much concrete info. The long live stream was near fruitless waste of 30+ mins of explaining nothing useful. December road map which took a while to even find helped but not much.

I hope they lay things out in clear dry terms that's easy to find without having to scour through third party sites, or sit through a long livestream.
  9. Pelojian

season pass=battle pass in the email they sent out it shows 'battle pass season 1' in the list of things you get ingame as an extra feature of the purchase.

the usage of the word 'pass' implies you paid to access season 1 which will last 3 months as part of the base game purchase.
  10. HippoCryties

BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BA DBA DB AND SNSNS
  11. DeadlyOmen

Businesses focus on core competencies for good reasons.