Is this 100% "kill screen bug"? (6 second video illustration)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zizoubaba, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Zizoubaba

By 100% I mean, it's not the lag, as is obvious from the video. It's not hit detection, as you can see the red crosshairs appear when I shoot and hit.

So is this simply "kill screen bug"?

It happens A LOT. And I know it happens to others because I sometimes get /tells saying "wtf u have no damage" after I killed them and I'm like "yeah, I've only got 30% left!!".

Happens also with vehicles, I'm like : "decimator boom" "decimator boom boom" "decimator boom boom boom" and I get one hit by the tank. Kill screen shows tank with 100% hp

• Up x 1
  2. blackboemmel

Nice you made NCRhoss' name invisible... :)
    Yes, the killscreen is extremely bugged. Often it doesn't even show your last killer, but the one before or something strange.
  3. Zizoubaba

@@

I usually try to respect the other people, at least enough that maybe they don't want their names to appear on a public video.

Although in this case he's probably more happy than not since he kicked my *** ;)
    • Up x 1
  4. ReeferBOT

In this case I think you just hit and damaged his over shield.
  5. Zizoubaba

what do you mean?

If you mean what is represented on the kill screen by a blue bar, then (I know its fast, you probably have to pause the video) you'll notice it's on 100%?
  6. iPervy

This happens a lot indeed. Think its a combo of your guys' latency mixing with the fluctuating quality of the server itself, so the server just doesn't add up the damage you delt by the time the kill screen comes up when you died. Proof of this being how quickly you went down, just a jumbled ball of lag.

Servers work like this, you send a data chunk to server saying you hit the guy then that chunk is sent from the server to the guy notifying he got hit by you. Vice versa for him sending data to server then to you. Somewhere in there sometimes one person's data isn't sent as fast or recieved as fast as the other which leads to this screen and insta-deaths.

That said probably a fraction of a second after the kill screen he likely received the damage you sent to him except minus a few dings where his latency said you shot after you were already dead on his side.
    • Up x 1
  7. ReeferBOT

Heavies have another shield on top of that shield which they can activate. You damaged the shield that isn't displayed on the death screen. (Nanite Mesh Generator)
  8. raffa2

Dude... i mean.... dude, have you actually tried playing the game and understand its rules before complaining on the forums?
    I know it's extremely hard, but hei, dude, did you just try playing the game?
  9. Zizoubaba

ah yeh, I didn't notice but he activated it at 0:01. After 3 hits, it was gone but I died before being able to get another few hits in.

I suppose that explains quite a few "wtf moments", however the issue I'm on about is independent from that, though I'm gona have to wait for a better video to illustrate it :)

You're absolutely right !

As you can see from the player site : https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428130184544598913

I only have 46 hours of game time played and only BR 22 so I still have a lot to learn !

I promise, I will try "just playing the game" :)
    • Up x 1
  10. JibbaJabba

Yep kill screen is flakey. There are some conditions that can make it more or less accurate. Generally speaking though just ignore it or you'll give yourself heartburn.

Also... I'm betting you were looking at it for a reason.

Find Cyrius gaming's series and jump straight to "surviving your third hour of planetside" and it will explain a lot about what I bet you are experiencing. :D
    • Up x 1
  11. gunnner10

I like the way it says "light assault spotted" when you are clearly spotting a heavy

Edit: OK, I see it was HIM spotting a light assault. My bad
    • Up x 1