Only player produced Silos?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Celthon, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Celthon

Trying out various vehicles and things today, and while using the A.N.T. I filled some silos other players had put down, and wondered if a silo is filled can another one be placed nearby to fuel the same structures and devices? Each player can only place one, but could another player in same group/outfit/squad place a second and link it with the other structures being fed by the first silo?

Also, are there silos that can be filled in the computer generated bases everyone runs around attacking/defending like spastic lemmings?

Thank you for your time and assistance.
  2. adamts01

You can't place silos too close together.

Those large bases everyone fights over don't have silos and you can't build close to them, for performance reasons.
    • Up x 1
  3. Celthon

Thank you for reply and information. I presumed the answer would be no (re: placing multiple silos in close proximity), or I'd have seen it done somewhere...but thought I'd ask just to be certain.
  4. adamts01

There are some incredibly useful things you can do with construction these days. Placing a Skyshield and AA turret is a life saver for friendly ESF. The routing spire is only 500 certs to unlock and you can place a spawn point for friendlies anywhere on the map. The air vehicle terminal lets you pull up to 11 ESF per load of cortium, depending on how upgraded your ant is. You can place a spawn tube, then bind to it using the F key (default) so you can spawn there from anywhere on the map. Then pull your nearly-free Ejection Seat/Racer/Stealth/extended Pod ESF to quickly get to any part of the map where you want to place a router to support a friendly push/defense. Orbital strikes can be great, but at 2,000 certs, the building is kind of expensive for what it offers.
    • Up x 1
  5. iller

*ahem* - some of the performance issues were addressed, they talked about that in the only Twitch VOD (that I'm aware of them making this past Quarter)