BR rating vs other number on player screen?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Celthon, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Celthon

After I get killed I see a screen displaying stats, etc. of the one who killed me...below their name I see the BR (battle rank, correct?), but a line or two below that I see a Blue Star w/circle and the number there is generally much higher (for the one who killed me) than their BR number. When I look at my stats/profile those two numbers are the same.

What is the difference between the BR rating, and the number next to the Blue Star with the circle around it? Trying to learn what I am seeing on all the various screens/pages in the game. When I look at my stats/profile and see the BR number and the number next to the Blue Star with circle it is on the page that opens when I click 'ESC' and click the 'My Character' tab on bottom left. On that page my character's BR is 15 and to the right I see the Blue Star with the circle around it and mine indicates 15 also...a bit earlier I was killed and the one who killed me showed BR 27, but the Blue Star/circle had 527 (approx. -- did not write it down).

Thank you for your time and assistance.
  2. Sazukata

That's directive score. Directives are basically just achievements. There are some rewards that come from directives in the higher stages.

Note that the directive score is account-wide, so you can spot an experienced player on a new character if their BR is low but directive score is high.
  3. Campagne

The number below their BR is the directive score.

It's simply the sum of all points a player has gotten from completing directives on their account. It helps to show how experienced the player is, even if their character is not.
  4. Celthon

Thank you for replies and information.
  5. Sazukata

You should probably keep someone around in-game who can answer all these questions as you think of them. :D
  6. Skraggz

If you play on PC I play on Emerald VS, Character name is Swabbi Feel free to ask me questions if you are ever on the server.