[Suggestion] Shell's explosion blow

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Asic, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Asic

Add the blow effect, as seen on hives and OS (terminal and the actual OS) to tank rounds, AT mana, tower turrets etc. But a very subtle one. Currently it's quite pathetic to observe someone get a tank shell to the head which explodes as it hit wall (explosion cloud remains stationary) and the body of that player just slides down to the ground.

This would make them, dead or alive, fly a small distance, similar to some implants.
  2. Demigan

The problem is latency.

For a HIVE or OS its easy as its a single explosion and server-side. But imagine if a player walks to the right into cover. You shoot on his right to make him fly to the left away from cover. Due to latency, when you fire the person you are firing at is actually behind cover already. If you allow the player to be thrown to the left that player will suddenly experience getting thrown out of his cover by a shell that would need to have landed on the other side!

You could say "lets make it victimside then". So the player gets to see where the shot hit and fly away based on where he's now.
    If you see that from the tank perspective, he would fire in an effort to stop someone from reaching cover, and than see his explosion accelerate the target into cover even faster! Worse, if a HA charges him with c4 out and his shield up and he gets a direct hit, the HA will be launched right at the tank as according to the pc of the HA player the direct hit was behind him!
    • Up x 1
  3. Smoo

Maybe have it only affect bodies, instead? Then if it's wrong, it doesn't matter.
  4. Gen.Drake61

Would love if the entire environment was destructible like they did in breach before attomic games went out,but being an old game,what your suggesting would take a lot of time and may be technically not probable,was never able to play. Breach because the pc i had it on was not a gaming pc and because alot of players criticized it for what they thought was stealing ideas from the battlefield game,maybe in planetside 3 if it ever comes out,imagine getting shot through walls.*awkward cough*
  5. Gen.Drake61

Although i do like your idea,the above post was actually not intended to discourage,planetside 2 is much like battlefield,but without the destructive environment,so im not trying to offend btw,it just my idea of what would make planetside 2 more fun and competitive.
  6. Asic

Re latency - it doesn't matter as it's the same as registering the hits - you die behind cover all the time so what difference would it make.
    Technically - I believe it would again be simple as it just needs to add a new property to the explosion element\object.
    On the plus side you would be able to do rocket jumps as a heavy á'la Quake 3 lol. But it would be nice to actually feel the stoppung power when being shot with, well, explosive shells.