Let's share the specs to identify the cause of the disconnects.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheSunlikeOne, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Vava31

I can't connect in-game after the choise of the characters.
    Is it a new problem with Orange ? o_O

CG : GTX660
    CPU : I7-3770k
    Memory : 16GO DDR3
    Nvidia drivers : 416.34.

Server Miller - French country.
  2. JibbaJabba

How strict are you guys on reverse engineering? I see it's forbidden in ToS but it would be really helpful here.

Assuming I'm not attempting to exploit, hack, or other malicious stuff is it ok to say:
    Network capture (wireshark, netmon, netsh, etc..)
    Man-in-the-middle (SSL proxy like Fiddler)
    Process monitoring...handles, registry/file/network I/O (procmon, procdump, various sysinternals crap)
  3. JibbaJabba

Also FWIW:

NO ISSUES SEEN at all. Nothing. No server latency spikes, no disconnects.

Intel 8086K, 5hz.
    980Ti
    Windows 10
    Hardwired 400mbit.
  4. Taurnil63

Hi from Greece.
    Since the last update, every time i try to connect i have almost the same problem. The first day i got the disconnects every time i tried to connect. From the next day since today i connect with ..big lags at the beginning and after a few minutes, if i'm not get disconected, i play the game smoothly. But today i have the first day's problem. I tried 4 times to connect and the game closed before even get at the character creation screen...
  5. BattGuano

I'm with you man - i'm a long time network engineer and this sure seems like the network - i have perfect ping on my normal server, great connection but in troubleshooting i created a new character on a different server - i connect to that server but the lag/warping is horrible so i see two things - server 1, stable but can't connect to it server 2, horrible connectivity but you can get to it - sounds suspiciously like routing to me.....
  6. JibbaJabba

Aye, it's "client centric", varies client to client out there. Two players can be on the same server with different experiences.
    But those clients individually have fixed hardware that was that same when the issue was not occurring and they all share the same (application level) software.

It reeks of networking.

What might be WAY better on this thread is a bunch of tracerts (omitting your local IP of course).

Dunno. My gumption to dig into all this has been low as I've not been affected (yet).
  7. TR5L4Y3R

8. Tr34

Having disconnects after the halloween patch, there were no issues before. It was perfect.

i7 2600k
    Gtx 1080
    8GB ram
    Win10 x64
    Connection is 35Mbits
  9. Tr34

I think the hardware specs may be irrelevant tho, it looks like a problem with Internet routing of some ISPs to me.
    Every ISP has different routes to access a fixed point on the internet. Dunno if they changed the location or settings of servers.
  10. CaparzoX

If so, it would be very strange since I never had that problem with any game. It would be good news that I would have to count on networks.
  11. Tr34

Tried playing with my 4G LTE connection, I can join the game without any problem. I confirmed that it's a networking problem.
    But I could play without any problem on my current network as well. I think they changed something about routing of servers and it
    causes problems to specific ISPs all over the world.