Battleye is a joke

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by adamts01, Oct 1, 2018.

1. adamts01

Get rid of it, and use that money to hire some moderators. Once someone racks up a certain number of in-game reports then shadow that player and take action as necessary. Connery has become just a damn mess with people flying Libs underground and others one-shotting ESF with shotguns. Come on Daybreak, take care of this already.
    • Up x 6
  2. adamts01

Like right now on Connery. An underground orbital strike right outside of Quarts Ridge. Moderators on these servers would pay for themselves with the money frustrated players would spend.
    • Up x 3
  3. Trigga

Cheaters on planetside!?

Never seen one in all my ti........*entire galaxy instantly explodes in 1 archer shot from render range
    Must have been lag, ill give that one the bene........*tank gets rammed by flash and explodes instantly
    Ok, that was strange, i must not have noticed my low hea.........*gets shot while still in spawns by an ESF from below the floor

*Logs out
    • Up x 3
  4. gunnner10

What do you mean there are hackers? You just need to Get Gud so you too can 1 shot kill a tank with a pistol
    • Up x 2
  5. Gustavo M

Clientside and BattleEye are (one of) the reasons I consider this game nothing more than a joke.
  6. CplRDaWiggy

Jokes, even bad ones, at least attempt to be funny.

From what I can tell, this is at best a failure, if not outright dereliction of a basic contractual obligation to investigate what are seemingly obvious cheaters and exploiters.
  7. AlcyoneSerene

If Connery is a glimpse of PS2's close future on other servers, including VS's population, it's not encouraging.

Also Clientside is a complete disaster (PS2 'competitive' yeah right), and I don't think I've run into so many laggers/exploiters/cheaters and hitbox registration failures on Emerald as much as before, probably due to migrating players (low BR but high directive score).
  8. iller

It's like I said from the very Start of the game... if they had just taken a tiny bit of the coding Resources they had back when they had them, to have the Server 1st-person spectate and record that info to a Demo file (On a time delay of course) and then share that file to anyone who requested it for Offline viewing... they could have mobilized hundreds if not thousands of their own players to act as low level Mods that filtered all this crap for them and promoted the vast majority of clear violations upwards with WAAAY less guess work to worry about
  9. Blam320

I play on Connery quite a bit, and I've seen very few of these so-called hackers. When they do show up, they disappear within a week.

I understand improving things like Clientside and anti-cheat, but when Daybreak is barely keeping the game afloat, I think they can find better uses for those resources.
  10. Towie

I do understand what you're saying BUT DBG not addressing the issue is forcing more people to move away. I've been a paying member for years (unlike the vast majority) - why should I keep paying if others just pop up and ruin the game for everyone else ?

I would argue against the 'disappear within a week' statement though. The most they seem to suffer is a week long ban from what i've seen and then - they're back.
  11. Towie

Apologies I should have also added - if you're VS on Connery - you have my deepest sympathy.
  12. Blam320

Thank you. After having FPSK carry the server it's hard having the sole most-active outfit be the joke that is TWC2.
  13. Dakka43

They have mods who do look into reports.. But they wont ban people that have spent well over $500 and continue to spend because it would lose them money. All gaming companies do this you can't ban players that spend money as it will cut earnings. Its a sick practice that ultimately kills all MMOs because in the end you are only left with these #@%@ that end up getting every single penny back when it closes down.

An example of a game that does ban cheaters would be Fortnite and thats only because they have the population to afford to lose and still earn money well enough without them, but due to planetsides dwelling population they just can't do it or don't care enough to even bother.

Many games have gone this path and it seems the crew here wants to follow in those foot steps.
  14. adamts01

That's not true at all. I was playing with a guy about a year ago who was pissy that his PS2 account with $1,000+ dollars invested was permanently banned because he was caught cheating in H1Z1. I don't know how much that had to do with H1Z1 mods vs PS2 mods, or if Daybreak has the same mods looking after all their games, but Daybreak does ban whales.
  15. Dakka43

People who normally spend that much money usually never talk about it if they do they never spent it in the first place.
  16. Silkensmooth

Have seen a lot of aimbotting lately, by ESF.

Its hard to tell if people are aimbotting as infantry, but when an ESF one clips you while you are dancing hard from 300 meters its pretty obvious.

Seeing lots of ESF flying under the ground killing everything with rocket pods.

Noticing quite a few players using teleport hacks. Have recon darts up and infravision, scout area, no one there then suddenly guy is behind you and when you die and check his implants he isnt using sensor shield.

Search for planetside 2 hacks and you will find lots of sites with videos posted in the last few days.

I still dont understand why these sites arent in violation of hacking laws and instantly shut down.

We need some legislation that makes hacking in a video game a crime punishable by jail time.
  17. FateJH

Thus setting the stage for the (glorious?) cyberpunk dystopia soon to come.
    • Up x 1
  18. Twin Suns

Honestly, its a cybertroll dystopia.

Marketing just hijacked the term "PUNK". ;)

Just like most people hijacked the terms grieving and farming. I'm going to farm some gas for my car at the gas station. :)
  19. NXR1

Battleye is the single most effective anti cheat out there for games. What you think they should go to easy anti cheat so the game can become a hacker fester?
  20. VeryCoolMiller

Well either battleye is crap either all strongest player play ps2.... because last time i played q3 champions i didn't see this incredible aim with the railgun from other players