Game wont launch after update

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MrTr1cky, Sep 28, 2017.

1. MrTr1cky

Hi everyone, once I click play on the PS2 launcher a black screen appears but quickly disappears and the launch pad goes away too. I tried validating game files as well as uninstalling/reinstalling the game however it did not work.
  2. MrTr1cky

Ok I got it to work. I clicked the wrench on the launch pad screen and clicked open game directory. I found the LaunchPad executable file and right clicked that and clicked run as admin and it works. yay
  3. grazr

I seem to be having the same problem. But i can't see a wrench from the menu and the launcher automatically plays the game instead of waiting for me to hit "play". It says "play" very briefly before saying "launching" which doesn't give me much time to look at the main/launcher menu.

EDIT: Incidentally, this is a fresh install. I deleted my old content as it wouldn't let me properly uninstall it and reinstalled with the new operator (was SOE). I got into the game, which started in the VR, then told me to use "join combat" to enter the game proper. It got to 95% loaded, i could hear audio in the background, but the game crashed. Now the launcher tries to play, but the game just never loads.