[Suggestion] Help!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jetmir, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Jetmir

Hello to every one! My first time to write here. Can some body tell me from experience or knowledge which is better GPU for Playing in Planetside2 in best conditions of my PC?
    Asus P5Q Deluxe, Q9550 2.83GHz (oc 3.9GHz), Ram Corsair Dominator 4x2Gb (8gb) 1066,
    SSD Kingstone SVP200S3240G 240Gb, PSU X Strike AERO COOl 1100W 80 Gold Plus, GPU Asus Strix GTX 950 2Gb. Actualy playing in 70fps at 16fps medium settings, rendering at 3000
    Is better Crossfire with ATI Radeon or single GPU or this one I have is good!?
    I go to change the CPU with Xeon x5470 3.33GHz and I think to OC him until 4.2GHz just and don't wanna have bottleneck CPU for GPU.
    have forgot. watercooler CPU and I think to upgrate a watercooler North and South chipset.
    And one thing, my budget for this year is low 200 euros so Can't assambled a new pc with lastet configurations of hardware.
    Gracefull for ur answers and thank you all!
  2. Vamperial

Planetside 2 is CPU - Instructions Per Clock - heavy game. Crossfire would be a complete waste of money. Your GPU is probably fine for what you currently have. Do not move to an AMD GPU. If you truly want to get a different GPU, get a Nvidia 1050ti. It fits within your budget and you should get a decent boost in performance in other games. It probably won't do much for Planetside.
    Quick comparison - http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-950-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1050-Ti/3510vs3649

I don't know if this means you get between 70fps and 16fps or something else. I assume you're referring to extreme dips in fps 1-12 fights vs 96+ fights. The Xeon you mention is the CPU before even the precursor to the i7 which was the Nehalem Xeon. Even with it overclocked I have no idea the performance on something that old in PS2. If you want the best case in PS2, get a better processor.

On a 200 euros budget, save your money till you can get a decent AMD budget rig for at least twice the cash you have now. Your PC right now is 10 years old and both CPUs were discontinued 2 years before PS2 even came out.

If you don't have the money to spend or the patience to save more. Turn off shadows, keep textures on medium. Turn off floral. The idea is to load as much as you can onto your GPU to help the CPU cope with all the calculations it has to make. Iridar has some good info on performance setups on potato machines such as yours. http://iridar.net/planetside2/

There are also some good youtube guides from others on performance setups but I won't mention them here.

Good Luck!
    • Up x 1
  3. Jetmir

Thank you very mutch!
    U was too clear and helpful.
    I will keep the money and next year will construct another pc!
    Best regards!