[Suggestion] Thoughts on Implants

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OneShadowWarrior, Sep 7, 2018.

1. OneShadowWarrior

Now that I have taken the time to digest the new implants, adjustments, new arrivals and such. OMG Daybreak! You trying to take all my money while I live homeless only to play Planetside 2? That’s a joke by the way. I have found all the new implants to be a breath of fresh air and it has made adjustments in my play style and this is my opinion only.

Athlete all the way to tier 5, who doesn’t want a boost in running speed!

Jockey, Christ I never even cared for mana turrets before, felt they were junk, but having fun, can take it to tier 5.

Mobility Mesh seems worth it all the way to Tier 5

Sidewinder to tier 4, a not seen on IR is for tier 5 repetitive with Sensor Shield at Tier 5

Heavyweight and Battle Hardened seem the same, but with Battlehard you don’t suffer on speed, Heavyweight seems only good to tier 4.

Minor Cloaking still an odd implant that feels clunky.

Target Focus is still broken and does not properly display targets you look at half the time even at tier 5, seems like a broken implant, since release.

Ransack and Ammo Printer seem one in the same, but ammo printer is better with a steady flow then hoping for kills. Rather take ammo printer tier 5.

Response Jacket, never know if it’s helping or not.

Deep Operative, you never know if it’s working or not.

Mending Field, your never sure if your mending.

Nanomesh is very useful now. All the way to Tier 5.

Fortify is kind of strange as you constantly have to hack the control point to receive benefits. Usually, your to busy fighting.

Survivalist was great at first, but the cool down timer, it seems pointless now.

Symbiote seems cool, would I bank on it eating my health, probably not. Tier 4 is about it, not seeing any benefit to 5.

Disengage is interesting but as a NC Max with Hacksaws, pushing your opponents away not so great. Maxes with distance weapons, nice touch.

Carapace and Safeguard seem the same.

Gunslinger kinda boring for pistols only.

Regeneration still a classic but too slow.

Safe fall 5 never seems to make a difference when vehicles collide or you never notice when it works.

Critical Chain, another implant you never notice a difference using.

Salvage, Sweeper HUD, Vampire, Assassin, Catlike, Ocular Shield, Sensor Shield, Aerial Combatant, Paratrooper, Combat Surgeon, Robotics Technician, Electrotech, Covert Drop, Failsafe, Overdrive, Nightmare, it’s getting to a point I am going to need a 3rd Implant slot, because there are more implants than I could ever use.......

In closing, most of these implants need their own set of special effects, sound bytes, or messages, to know they are even working. Often when you equip, I find myself asking, is this really working?
  2. Sazukata

It would be cool if Sensor shield provided a real-time message/signal somewhere in the UI that conveys the message, "You're in range of a sensor but aren't being picked up" and "You're being detected".
  3. SixNineFour

Wow, I didn't realize jockey works on MANA turrets, found it super useful for flash.

Now I am really curious how it performs together with Robotics tech implant.