Anyone make use of the New Implants or still using the older ones?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Destroyer0370, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Destroyer0370

Some seem quite beneficial I can certainly see a few outstanding ones looking at them in the update note ( https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...me-update-8-16-fanning-the-fire-teams.250101/ ).. Athlete, failsafe, Jockey(very situationaly if you are in buggy,ATV,Valkarie..), Survivalist, and a few others.

Someone was saying in yell chat to put to use the Engineer's capability of reduced delay before shield starts to recharge with the following...
    Survivalist Implant(reduces shield delay recharge 1 second more, along with other stuff)+Advance Shield Capacitor( 50% faster shield recharge rate)+ Bionics Implant(400 more shield, but 400 less health).

OR
    In my opinion, if you want to play it a bit more safe to make sure that you have Health always covered, just replace the "Bionics implant" with "Health Regeneration implant"

I haven't tried it out yet in battle on the Engineer, actually have everything to, will have to see if it is effective when done.

Tell if you have a good Implant setup, or think of one, and what to use to make it people.
  2. Blam320

If I ever get Bionics, I'm definitely replacing Regen with it in certain loadouts. I prefer a very independent playstyle, so needing even less reliance on pubbie medics (when they exist) is fantastic. The new Firewall implant I would also put on a Stalker-infil loadout for behind-enemy-lines ops.
    • Up x 1
  3. UberNoob1337101

Athlete has become the usual choice on my sniper loadouts. Faster hold breath regen is great for a mobile sniper and even better if you don't use straight pull-bolt, while the extra mobility is an extra plus that helps in tight situations.

A lot are still really situational and IMO not worth it, but the few new implants that are good are very good.
  4. Gustavo M

Well, you can pretty much "power creep" with Symbiote -- so you can open your suit slot to something else like grenade bando. or even faster shield regen.
  5. Hegeteus

I've been using the Gunslinger 5 and I like how it just fits into my playstyle. I use the swap weapon benefit to interact faster between mag-scatter, quick knife and fujin in hope of getting a chain-kill.
  6. JDS999

ive been trying to make covert drop n heavywieght work with ambusher jets... seems like the speacial abilty for HW is kinda weak.... need a suit slot for extra implat ;)
  7. AtckAtck

Most implants are very situational, too situational for me, so i stick to better working combinations.
    Ransack for example is clearly worse than ammo printer, going for the 10% health regen is stupid, as one would need it during the fight and not after when you normally are able to repair anyway unless you screwed up big time.
    Same for heavyweight, battlehardened is still superior to it in every way, so the only way to justify swapping one for the other would be the lvl 5 special, which is useless. Plus heavyweight has a serious disadvantage for being a worse implant in comparision.

So no, most of the implants are not worth it.

There are some that are good for specific playstyles, like Jockey for turret engi or for flash heavy.
    Mending Field for Medics that play with the shield deployable is also quite nice.
    The new deep operative, combined with the new sensor shield makes an excellent stalker setup to shoot orbital, flail, glaive darts.
  8. Liewec123

Jockey 4 is an easy first pick for flash driver now :)
    50% more shields? YES PLEASE!

and if it stacks with Bionics...holymoley!

bionic shield = 900, nano armour cloak = 100 shield, auxiliary shield 50 shield,
    thats 1,050 shield, increased by 525 from Jockey, 1575 shield! (and 100 health too)
    1,675 health.
    you'd be able to shrug off a direct hit from an AP vanguard lol

also for turret Engi, Jockey is a must,
    it stacks with Robotic Technician, and robo technician also stacks with nanoweave,
    so you're taking 40% less damage (from bodyshots) and you have 800 shields (and 500 health)
    (1,3k total shield/health)
    • Up x 1
  9. TerminalT6

I really want to use covert drop (lv 5 specifically), but it's expensive to buy with ISO, so I'm grinding it out of implant bundles. 6 seconds of cloak is pretty long for a hectic valkyrie-based sabotage operation.

I also like the look of fortify. It could be an interesting take on a point-hold engineer w/ Bionics. What matters is whether you have to walk away from and then walk back to the point to reset it after its cooldown, or you can just sit on the point and have it be reactivate automatically.