This is ridiculous now

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HippoCryties, Aug 11, 2018.

1. HippoCryties

Every day...
    2 hours later Hossin(hate it)
    ALWAYS!

Hossin was on for 6 hours today as the only continent, for some reason my peformance drops on Hossin.
    Please, I beg change continent rotations or randomise them. And please at prime time bring back 2 continents!
    • Up x 1
  2. Lord_Avatar

I believe Hossin has more props than the other continents. Also - consider turning "fog" and "flora" off (you might have to poke around your .ini file) - it might help squeeze out a few extra FPS.
    • Up x 1
  3. ZDarkShadowsZ

I tried to play all day today but every time I logged in it was Hossin so gave up and stayed away until 10:30 PM GMT when I finally got to play on Amerish for an hour before population began to decline for the night.

Given that a lot of people dislike Hossin, it's likely that when they see the continent being the only one available these days, like me they just log back off and wait until server population is high enough for a second continent to open so Hossin can be ghost capped or similar, which is why it's the only one available for such a long time during the day until nearer to prime time. With all of that said however, this is only speculation on my part.
    • Up x 2
  4. PoopDatGame OUT!

guys guys guys...its the same junk on each map why are you all fussing?
  5. FateJH

Where on Indar do the plants glow?
    Where on Amerish are the acres of the ankle-high water?
    • Up x 3
  6. Doc Jim

It would help if they just changed their settings so that there are always at least two continents open. Even if that spreads players out it would still give players a choice between two maps. And having a choice is always better than not having a choice.
  7. HippoCryties

Precisely
  8. HippoCryties

Ah I’ve already tried though, still for some unknown reason my frames are just worse? I’m honestly not sure why although my GPU is weaker than my CPU so that could be it
  9. Lord_Avatar

Hm... Extra props aside the view range on Hossin tends to be more restricted than on any of the other continents and the map itself is also slightly smaller.

PS2 is a very CPU-intensive game, but it's much less of a hog when it comes to GPU power. I had no issues running ultra on a GTX 660 Ti.
  10. Silkensmooth

I love hossin. Its the best continent for infantry and the worst for tanks. So that imo makes it great.

They often have 2 maps open but everyone goes to one and the other is dead.

Most times they dont even have enough players for 1 continent.

My solution is to get rid of the stabilizing warpgates thing, that just leads to a super laggy middle of the map battle. Instead, immediately start a random alert. Make it last 30 to 60 minutes. After the first alert is over wait 10 mins and start the lock alert.

That way we arent stuck on a continent we dont like for too long.

I personally hate esamir, but if i knew it was only going to be open for 2 to 2.5 hours i could still deal with it.
  11. UberNoob1337101

Portions of Indar has a lot of strange alien plant life, presumably some Auraxian palm-lettuce hybrid. It seems that the top glows at night :
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Amerish does have some areas with ditches and canyons with water that kills instantly, probably toxic waste. There are some springs and ponds though, definitely knee-high and also quite common :
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  12. DeadlyOmen

Without giving your potatoe's specs, the post is worthless.
  13. HippoCryties

I don’t need to, if im getting 60+ FPS in all situations why TF is my performance worse on Hossin. And if it’s worthless then just leave, no one asked you to reply.
  14. PoopDatGame OUT!

i dont care what map it is because i just play the stinking game..since its still the same stuff on there like i said!!
  15. JibbaJabba

I do think they should have a two continent minimum. Use the existing warpgate mechanics! One will be fully open and charging. One will have an unstable warpgate until pop catches up.

That said:
    I *LOVE* Hossin.

Hossin is *hard*. It is brutal, it is unforgiving. It has the best base layouts designed for nasty infantry fighting.

Armor can be used but it must be used properly with combined arms. Aircraft can be powerful but it's high risk and takes high skill to play effectively through and under that forest cover.
  16. Corezer

SW corner IIRC, around regent rock and stuff.