Disconnected for stat padding for flying ammo galaxy

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sprant Flere-Imsaho, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Sprant Flere-Imsaho

Air anomaly event. There are near a dozen repair gal's. I'm the only ammo galaxy. I'm the only one in it. I get booted from the server after maybe 10 minutes. How do I go about not getting booted for simply flying an ammo whale?
    • Up x 1
  2. adamts01

This stat-padding kicking nonsense really is a joke. I was the only Engineer supplying a bunch of HAs trying to rocket down a PMB and I got kicked after a minute or so because of my ammo pack. I'm shelving PS2 for a year or so after the constant mess it's been since CAI and Meltdown. If the game gets fixed, then great. If it's dead in a year, that's fine too. There are just too many broken and frustrating things for me to waste my time with it any more.
  3. breeje

i don't see how it's possible to get kicked for using ammo boxes or any vehicle with the ammo dispenser
    when i use those ways to dispense ammo it stops giving me certs after a while
    never looked up how long it lasted but after a while the certs are back auto activated and deactivated
    it's just not possible for me to stat pad with ammo
    same thing with the healing sunder, the certs stop coming
  4. Movoza

I get the feeling I'm reading this again. Didn't you stop already?
  5. Movoza

The gals seem to work differently. Normally the certs will stop if you get too many ticks and doing no damage. Dping damage against enemies "shows you're active and not stat padding", so the ticks continue. Apparently it's recognised that it's mighty hard to do damage in a gal, as you can't really switch guns or leave it when you're in the air, so there's no restrictions on the ticks. I haven't had it with my repair gal yet, but it might be possible to get banned for statpadding, as it's difficult to see if they are in such situations. Lots of friendlies about, possibly no enemies for minutes on end, maybe not even in the region. They can get damaged or fire without damaging others and repair/resupply at the gal. So it's not a big surprise, but maybe an extra check for distance to anomaly should temporary be introduced.
    • Up x 1
  6. adamts01

Yeah. I've been gone for a while, but I'm still interested in what they're up to. Everyone will know if I start this game back up because I'll have a new "nerf flak" post every other day.

I only replied because this topic particularly grinds my gears. Things were already frustrating enough after CAI/Meltdown, then they waste dev time on probably the last thing people were worried about. It didn't happen often, but every once and a while I'd get DCd and not be able to log back in because it was an alert and my faction had already been swarmed by faction hoppers. And in the end Stat padders were still doing their thing that no one cared about anyway.