Huge silo consumption

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DobryiPupok, Jun 14, 2018.

1. DobryiPupok

If you are a base builder, how do you like this new huge silo consumption?

I think this not stimulates to build base, this stimulates to building bases more rarely, because now it require some slave(s) on ANT, who will constantly seek for cortium and feed this voracious silo. And i'm not considering new cost of vehicles in cortium at vehicle pads. Constant seeking for cortium is not a game style, which i dream about. Right now the level of my interest to building is decreased by such innovation.
  2. Armcross

Haven't check it yet. Almost but a Libirator came by.
    • Up x 1
  3. AtckAtck

I tried to build my usual solo base + the new stuff. Became annoyed pretty quick, the base was burning cortium faster than i could get more. No way in hell that i could have defended it IF there would have been an attack. I tried for half an hour and logged off, pretty pissed.
    • Up x 1
  4. Liewec123

I've not bothered playing my basebuilder since walls became cardboard...

I have however dumped 10K in a silo to make a router for the spawn pad and a minute later it's telling me that cortium is critical.

Not a fan tbh,
    paper bases that need constant repairs, oh but if you're constantly repairing then your base runs out of cortium,
    Oh but if you go to get more cortium then you paper base is destroyed...
    Lose lose unless you have full time babysitters.
    " hey fred, wanna come repair a wall for the next three hours? No? WHY NOT?!"

They should have just added flail and routing spire and removed hives, that would have been perfect.
    • Up x 2
  5. AtckAtck

I voiced my concerns many times in these forums about making the changes to the walls.
    I still think that bases need be harder, not softer.

But this much cortium burn?! They never said anything about it... Just another one of those silent "improvements", that are nothing than another straight up nerf...
    I think i will find another game to play for a while, maybe they rethink this.

A teammate thinks the same and already doesn't want to play at the moment too.
    So, Congratulations Daybreak, you just lost two 5 year veterans with around 200 day ingame playtime each. *Clap-Clap* Good Job! (Keep the Irony.)
  6. JobiWan

I'm not much of a base builder but last night I was trying out the routing spire. Built a silo, spire and spawn tube. Put 5k-ish in the silo and headed off to the fight.

After only about 4 minutes I was getting the 'low cortium' warning, as was everyone else in the platoon. It seems to go down too fast IMO.
  7. PlanetBound

Only benefit is to people farming Cortium. No need to bother about a fill Silo, by the time you get more Cortium it's ready for more.
  8. AuraBliss

I still don't think they know what they want to use the base building for yet.. It just has no purpose in this style of play.. They either need to incorporate it into main lattice bases or find some other way of making it usable OR JUST REMOVE IT from the game at this point... Most squads will do building for a bit, but with the major requirements for the silo and the current spawn rates for cort.. just isn't fun to even do squad bases.
  9. TR5L4Y3R

i would say the uses are there .. now it´s a matter of how persistent bases are so they don´t get spammed all over the place .. with no one in them actualy usimg them ..
    like freshplayerbases who just build them on a random location, leave it there to at best farm cortium ..
    guess we may get a hotfix on changing the values of drained cortium ..
  10. Liewec123

for me personally its nothing worth quitting over, construction was already unrewarding and not worth the time,
    i'd play my purely construction alt every once in a while, build an epic base,
    but it was either avoided entirely or a zerg rolled through and wiped it out in a minute.

all this double nerf does is double-down on that uselessness and waste of time, so i'll avoid it all together!
    (besides dumping a silo and routing spire by the warpgate for spawn pads.)
    R.I.P construction, they veeeery nearly got you to a good spot!
  11. ProfGiggles

As a solo base builder, I can say I am very disappointed with the direction they are taking this in. Yes I understand that it is a team game, but for the most part I simply enjoy doing things on my own, and sadly it is no longer feasible to try and run a small base by yourself.

What I would usually do was build up a small base somewhere not too far from the front lines, and yet have it in an area with low enough activity that it wasn't immediately threatened. Put in an alarm module and store some 10 - 15k in the silo and keep it unlocked, just in case any friendly bypassers might put up a turret or two
    (I play NC, so usually they would just stick a wall in the middle of it and ruin the layout, or put a ramp in some dumb position.)

Then I'd simply have the base there to have a position to fall back to if it was needed. The alarm module would warn me if it came under attack, and other than that I was content with returning every 20 minutes to check on the silo and repair modules.

You can't really do that any longer, as you need to run cortium to it continously, because it is going to eat through it like a right bastard. The thing is when I build a base, I don't want to have to be babysitting it constantly and scouring the map for cortium to keep up with the consumption rate. I'll put in the effort it takes to make a good layout for it, store resources for further use, come back to restock and defend it when needed, and then that's really about it.
  12. Demigan

Used one today.

It takes about 2 hours for a topped off Silo to empty (and this was despite 2 friendlies supporting me with a turret or module once in a while).

Also it looks like it doesn't matter how many modules and turrets are connected to your Silo, it all drains the same speed. My base consisted out of 2 skyshields, an OS, about 7 to 9 assorted turrets, 2 repair modules, 3 AI modules, 3 repair modules, an elysium tube and assorted walls.

Also, I mainly solo'd it, there were some attempts with a Prowler, an ANT and someone who had placed a stealth Sundy nearby to repeatedly Stalker my base, but after 4 hours of play it was still alive and kicking. So I think the solo builders have a case of "my toys got a teensy bit less powerful and I have to moan about it". Then again, the fact that you can stop a vehicle column in their tracks or insta-kill any AMS placement at a base or cause any infantry inside to fly against the walls and be killed seems to be overlooked by most of you people and it's pretty damn powerful.