BR15 and under, free from queues?!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Liewec123, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Liewec123

the patch notes for tuesday sneak one last line in, down at the very bottom, a HUGE deal!
    • Players at Battle Rank 15 and lower will no longer be subjected to continent or faction population queues.
    does this mean that a whole zergfit could make new characters and zerg a continent that is already full?!

this also clearly means that the tech to make people exempt from queues exists,
    yet us paying subbers aren't amongst those people?!

i understand that we don't want new players to be stuck in a queue, that is a terrible first impression,
    but i'd also expect that if it is possible to make people exempt from queues,
    the people paying the bills should be on that list!

rather than anyone under br15 it should be any account with no characters above BR15!
    otherwise it could be a huge benefit to faction swapping TKers/griefers.
    and as i said above, there is nothing stopping an entire zergfit from zerging an already full continent!

thoughts?
    • Up x 1
  2. Armcross

Everbody don't want to get stuck.
  3. Bansheedragon75

I see a big potential for exploiting here.
    Skilled players creating new characters just to circumvent the queue can cause a significant population imbalance.

When playing on Emerald a couple days ago, VS had a population of 26% where as TR and NC was both I think at 35-36%.
    Now imagine how bad it would have been if all of those TR and NC that was waiting in a queue could just create a new character to circumvent this queue.

The queue is there to prevent just population imbalance, by doing this they are just helping cause the very problem that the queues are supposed to prevent.

And as a former subscriber I never liked the idea of getting ahead in the line when I was a subscriber, I have always been of the mindset that everyone should wait their turn regardless of status.
    I dont mind giving subscribers some perks and benefits, I just dont like this particular one.
    • Up x 1
  4. Campagne

Gotta restrict it by directive score, not character level.

No room for exploitation there.
    • Up x 3
  5. Armcross

I also prefer "no room for loged in while not/can't playing.
  6. Sprant Flere-Imsaho

This sounds like a much better idea.
    • Up x 3
  7. AEROCHAOSS

You reach the br 15 pretty quick, ain't you. So pros would be just for a short time a problem. Furthermore they aren't super competitive without medkits and the shields. Vehicle wise they can't do any besides nose gun only.

So excluding them from queues is no big deal. I have much higher concerns about these tk guys, easier jumping on my fraction just for being a dick
    • Up x 4
  8. Liewec123

making it based on account rather than character age fixes both issues :)
    • Up x 3
  9. ChiarosR

Yup, a great improvement to the whole system would be locking it down based on directive score or on whether the account has a character above br15 already.

It is indeed cumbersome to exploit this system... but why allow for exploits in the first place when there's an easy fix available?
  10. Pacster3

I don't think that it's very smart to annoy longterm players by catering to new ones like this. This will not change that much for new players...and when they suddenly need to wait for 20 minutes at BR16(when the game anyway slows down cause you get less certs, you got all the cheap stuff already and you don't level that quickly anymore) they gonna be pissed.
  11. ChiarosR

Better start waiting and be pissed after you've seen some of the gameplay than before. It doesn't solve the issue fully (nothing can) but it makes things better. So why are you complaining about it? And who the hell waits for 20 minutes to play? o.0 Never had more than 10 after hundreds of hours ingame.

It's not pissing off veterans, either. Any reasonable member would be glad to cater to the newbies so he has something to shoot at when he eventually does log in.
  12. Pacster3

Not sure if shooting noobs on Koltyr is what they want. And yes...especially when you are not playing at prime time it may happen that your faction is seriously overpopped and during alert times players don't tend to lockout. I have been in some that lasted around 20+ minutes.
  13. Twin Suns

. or that newbie combat medic picking you up, hustling for certs.
  14. JibbaJabba

People that have < BR 15 Characters:
    1. Completely new players to planetside.
    2. Veteran players that want to start a new toon.
    3. Cheaters and Hackers that get quickly banned and constantly make new characters.

I bet #3 gets more out of this than #1 by an order of magnitude.
    • Up x 2
  15. Valenz

New players getting to join the fun earlier does a lot less harm than a zergfit of members abusing this theoretical "no queue" perk, especially if they're veterans.

But if you're that paranoid you can always rig the thing to consider directive score instead of battle rank.