Disconnected for stat padding? Gimme a break

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheSpiffmeister, Jun 5, 2018.

1. TheSpiffmeister

2. Demigan

They did give you a break!

All I can think off is that you were doing something before that got you there.
  3. TheSpiffmeister

I did what I described above after I logged in. By the way, that was AFTER an unargumented disconnect. I did that and only that. Spawn, drop ammo, pull tank, hunt for aircraft. Yeah, I got lots of resupply certs, out of in-game mechanics. I supported a strong defense with that ammo. With 2 ammo packs, which I paid certs for.I don't see anything I did wrong.

I've been gaming for over 30 years, and never cheated, glitched or abused. This is insulting, wrong and nonsense, and I want my 450 nanites back. I'm not even kidding.

This is what makes people not spend money on the game anymore.

Uncool, DBG. Uncool.
  4. Prudentia

i thought they already said a few days ago they fixed that?
    only thing i can think of is that only a single guy stood on your ammo pack and you resupplied him over and over again without him killing anything.
  5. Crowne

That wouldn't be his fault though. Anyone can stand over an ammo pack, discharge weapon, reload, rinse and repeat.
    If that's all it takes to get someone discoed, that would be bad.

It's not at all uncommon to drop ammo packs and take off. I drop ammo packs by heavies, snipers, burster maxxes, etc. all the time.
  6. LeonardJones

my assumption is a lazy infil stood on your pack spamming recon darts and constantly resupplying the darts to keep spamming, giving you a huge amount of resupply ticks for a single person who otherwise wasnt doing anything, leading to battle eye assuming it was a dualbox account

not your fault, but that seems like the most likely explanation
  7. Prudentia

thats what ammopackpadding is tho. you drop a pack and then have someone stand over it shoot into the air and reload over and over and over. and an automated system obviously can't distinguish between someone just throwing ammo to someone who is bad and someone throwing ammo to someone who is padding for them.
    • Up x 1
  8. Skraggz

If he dropped it in the warp gate he asked for the dc. There is no reason to be resupplying in the warpgate. Even if that "lazy" infil tried motion darting all his friendlies.... in the warpgate.
  9. LeonardJones

he didnt say he was in the warpgate, I would assume he was at an actual fight

no one pulls tanks from warpgate on any continent except maybe esamir anyway

if you look at his screenshot, he is at auraxicom substation on amerish. he would need to hate himself to drive through the amerish mountains from warpgate to the center of the map
  10. TheSpiffmeister

I didn't follow the same person around to give him my ammo. If someone abused it, that's not my fault. I contribute to my team and get punished? That's crap algorithms.

If what I did is considered abuse, it should be either put in some rukes, or it should be judged case by case. I'm seriously not amused.

And I still expect apologies, my 450 nanites and a complimentary coffee.
  11. TheSpiffmeister

And yes I was at an actual fight, only a 500 meters or so from where I was with my tank.
  12. OgreMarkX

It's good DBG is doing something to stop stat padding. On Connery the constant stat padders from chinese outfits at warpgates was insanely annoying and it meant that, as a faction, TR was crippled due to players on map but not doing anything (maybe the same for NC and VS?).

People who want to actually play and not sell pre-made stat padded characters for Yuan ($) are in queue.

I thought DBG already accounted for, and fixed the issue described by the OP.
  13. |mTz84|

Same thing happened to me today.
    I didn't drop ammo, but I was sitting on my flash providing radar in a huge fight and healing nearby infantery and MAX with triage.

Then suddenly disconnect with reason "stat padding".

After some investigation, I heard that DBG changed the way the autokick system works.
    So, basically, you will get kicked for doing the same thing over and over, like:

- killing the same guy, even if he is a real player and you are having a little 1v1 with him
    - healing the same players again (MAX units take a loooong time to heal with triage from vehicle and give lots of ribbons)
    - providing ammo to the same player over and over

There are probable more reasons similar to these that will lead to an automated kick.

In comparison:
    The Repair/Ammo sunderers were changed long ago so you would still repair or provide ammo, but you don't get any XP for it.
    After that, you have to move to a different location or find other vehicles to support for more XP.

If it was all made with a "maximum value" there would be on reason to kick anyone.
    Also, the automated XP gain (the REAL stat padding) would become impossible.

I don't understand why they keep giving all this XP to the players and then change their system to auto-kick them.

The other issue is stat padding with kills.
    Of course, you can not deny kills to a player like XP from repair sunderer.
    A solution might be that repeated kills do count (in a matter of K/D), but do not add to the amount of kills needed to auraxium a weapon and do not give XP anymore.

These solutions would soft-force both, XP-farmers and kill-farmers, to rotate around the battlefield and not do the same thing over and over again.

Again, simply kicking people out of the game for "just playing it the way they always played it" might result in some sort of a ****storm and/or loss of playerbase.

Just my 2 cents on this topic...
  14. |mTz84|

Oh, and what just came to my mind.
    This new auto-kick system can heavily be abused.

Basically, you can step onto anyones ammopack and keep shooting/reloading until he gets kicked.
    Or you can run into the same player and let him kill you - he will get kicked.

Not the smartest system to be invented...
  15. Sprant Flere-Imsaho

I'd love to see some stats published that show by geographical region the number of disconnects for stat padding. I'm sure as $#!^ i know what the numbers would look like on Connery; at least that #1 position.