NC maxes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MintiFresh, May 29, 2018.

1. haldolium

didn't we have this thread 6 years ago?
    • Up x 4
  2. Prudentia

we have this thread everytime people realize that there is a reason why you can't throw a fujin in a base with NC without hitting a MAX.
    • Up x 1
  3. LordKrelas

Are we still trying to make Maxes Not suck, and be balanced to each other, when 1 of three uses a Different highly specialized weapon, and wonder how universal weapons aren't equal to a specialized weapon in the specialized weapon's prime range?
    And apparently forgetting that if a Short-range weapon is identical to a medium-range weapon, one is inferior as hell
    So when do we stop having NC be stuck with the specialized weapon, or switch all Maxes to the same weapon type one way or other?
  4. JibbaJabba

Yep. And it was legit back then. The nerf happened and everyone moved on.

The "I've never played it to know the limitations therefore it's OP" crowd will always be with us.
    • Up x 1
  5. Prudentia

ZOE was OP.
    ZOE got nerfed.
    ZOE is no longer OP now
    People don't say it's OP.
    • Up x 1
  6. JibbaJabba

Yep.

NC Max was OP
    NC MAX got nerfed
    NC MAX is no longer OP now.

Rest assured that the "Everything but what I play is OP" crowd will still gripe.

I mean the things I have heard are OP:
    Prowler, Vanguard, Magrider, Canis, Cyclone, Vulcan, Mjolnir, HEG Pounders, Striker, Phoenix, Infiltrators, Heavy Assaults, Ambusher Jets, PPA, Lasher, Jackhammer, HESH, C4, Betelgeuse, Godsaw, Commissioner, blackhand, AV Mana turrets, etc.. etc..
    • Up x 2
  7. Prudentia

NC MAX is still OP
    but as i already said in this thread. saying that is the same thing as saying "The earth is a sphere"
    • Up x 1
  8. Ragnarock

If anything other maxes should be as scary as NC maxes, but instead they're given **** weapons.
    • Up x 1
  9. JibbaJabba

I do not believe you. Make your case.
    • Up x 1
  10. Sazukata

The NC MAX needs to be within C4 distance to achieve the insta-kill.

It is essentially a "glass cannon", as fragile powerhouses are called. That is why its users consider it weak and its opponents consider it powerful.

As long as C4 can be tossed so easily, all MAXs are trivial without tons of support. The difference is that C4-ing an NC MAX is not laughably low-risk like the others.
    • Up x 1
  11. JibbaJabba

Point blank with the nastiest of nasty point blank weapons the NC MAX has (this is where you all claim the NC Max is OP right??)

MRC3 Mercy TTK = 0.99s
    AF-41 Hacksaw TTK = 1.72s

Also don't forget the Mercy has 2x HS damage, Hacksaw only gets 1.5x

Sustained damage?
    NC will empty it's mag in 1.7 seconds then be down for a long reload of 4 seconds.
    Mercy (still cranking out that 0.99s TTK mind you) has 50 shots and a 426 RPM. 7 seconds sustained fire then it will only be down for 2.7s for the short reload (unlike NC, leaving one round alone to get the short reload doesn't cost you 1/6 - 1/8th of your entire clip)

Oh now let's address the elephant next. Range.

Mercy is still full damage out at 65m...CoF is starting to get you now though.
    The Hacksaw? Only pulls off that damage at 8m but even at 8m the majority of pellets will miss. 10 meters later at 18m, and the pellet damage has fallen to 45.

What does the math work out there to? Let's make some assumptions:
    6 pellets.
    Dual guns.
    *Frickin Magic* to make every pellet hit at 18m.
    *Frickin double magic* to make every pellet hit the *face* of the target at 18m.
    810 damage. Won't even kill a target.

What does the mercy do at 18m?
    0.99s TTK just like it did at point blank.

Don't even get me started on the M2 Mutilator.
    http://www.planetstats.net/data/weapons/

Seems to me the NC weapons are adequate at point blank range and UNDER powered under every other frickin circumstance in the game including short-but-not-point-blank range.
    • Up x 2
  12. Liewec123

maybe thats because VS are always the ones whining about how OP everything that isn't VS is.
    vanguard shield is utter JUNK now and yet we still see repeatative nerf threads.

im actually thinking about making a "nerf blueshifts" thread, just so that i can whine about something too!
    its like dualwielding long range carbines! nuuuuuurf!
    • Up x 2
  13. Prudentia

at 18m the Mercies have a target radius of 0.63cm
    • Up x 1
  14. Prudentia

i know, NC are too busy whining about how everything they have is UP and the worst ever and noone would ever use it while they have the highest usage rate of all empires for those things.
    • Up x 1
  15. JibbaJabba

...and the hacksaw is at minimum damage per pellet with such a spread that few of them are hitting. You think the NC Max gets stronger over distance or something? The Mercies mop the floor with *every* NC MAX shotgun at 18m.
  16. JibbaJabba

Are you asserting that NC pulls Maxes more often than TR and VS? If so, prove it. If not, apologies. No straw man intended.
  17. Prudentia

Play the game.
    go to an NC base
    Proof given

No MAX does anything to a NC MAX at any range.
    at 18meters they just all are crap.
    the NC MAX is just straight up superior inside the range any MAX can do anything with AI weapons.
    • Up x 1
  18. Liewec123

really? oh yeah i see sooooo many threads calling for lancer, blueshift and magrider nerfs
    definately as many as you guys whining about "winshield" "phoenix from spawn!" and this very thread were you are taking part in nerf calling for nc max.
  19. ridicOne

Feel free to nerf the Lancer more its been obsolete for awhile now..
  20. Prudentia

Yes please nerf the lancer.
    the 2 people who use it will be heart broken that now they won't even tickle tanks anymore, but only paint blue lines in the sky. unless you wanna nerf the rave potential of the lancer, that truly would be a devastating blow.
    The only threads about the blueshift that exist are threads about the NC MAX where NC players scream "BUT BLUESHIFT HAS THE HIPFIRE ACCURACY OF A NORMAL PRIMARY WITHOUT A LASERSIGHT! THATS OP!"
    and literally the only threads that exist that complain about magriders currently are from that guy who said "5 prowlers died to one maggie" and then incoherently rambled less understandable than bazino.
    Spawnroom phoenixe are an issue because they end any fight against NC under 12 players with no way to retaliate.
    NC MAXes are an issue because they are a straight upgrade to any other MAX and are spammed without end by NC because of their power.
    • Up x 2