Project nova, DBG needs a plan

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bojangles02, May 2, 2018.

1. Bojangles02

The project nova game will soon be on its way and from what I can make out this could seriously damage planetside2, so I think DBG need to think fast and make changes to the game sooner rather than later, how many players play this game because their is nothing else like it, but get peed off with balance and Zerg etc but they put up with it because there is nothing else, if nova is as good as I think it will be then ps2 going to have problems, thoughts from other players would be appreciated.
  2. adamts01

It sounds like it's trying to be a Star Citizen kind of thing, from the quick look I just took. Is it going to be open world like EVE? If space combat will keep the crappy feeling of EVE then I'll still pass.
    • Up x 1
  3. Gustavo M

Well, Planetside 2 has a -serious- issue imo called "clientside". And that won't be a "fix it tomorrow" kinda thing, sadly.
  4. Bojangles02

Nothing like star citizen, it's going to be fps pvp.
  5. Gustavo M

"Greetings, Team Nova! We are making a game called "Project Nova" which is going to be a Tactical FPS set in 2020."

intaresding
  6. Bojangles02

A lot of players who left eve dust514 came to planetside2 on PS4 because it was the closest game of that type, I think the same will happen but the other way around when eve project nova goes alpha and beta, unless DBG can somehow fix the major problems on ps2. I hope they do.
  7. Gustavo M

The current ps2 dev team is really small, so... I'm sorry, but that's very unlikely.
  8. Bojangles02

Very EVE CCP
  9. Bojangles02

e
    is anyone else crying lmao.
  10. Bojangles02

Go to you tube search dust514, and if you never heard of the game, this is what it will be like, not the same though.
  11. Sazukata

As someone who played the crap out of Dust 514 and is excited about its successor, I feel the need to jump in.

It hasn't been confirmed whether or not Nova will be free-to-play like Dust. Even so, it wont be in entirely direct competition with PS2 and Warframe due to different base mechanics: PS2 is open-world combined arms, Warframe is space ninja PvE, and Nova will (hopefully) be a match-based sci-fi FPS with the complex loadout customization that I crave.

Project Nova is going to be an MMOFPS set in the Eve universe. The idea is to start from scratch and do what Dust couldn't.

We're told there will be 16v16 infantry battles taking place inside and on the surface of Eve ships. (Dust had 16v16 battles on planets with infantry, cars, tanks, and dropships)

I've never played Eve, but if anyone has questions about Dust 514 or Project Nova, I can answer.

PSA: This is not Project Nova by CCP, the Icelandic game company. This is some indie dev using the same name. I know you didn't intend to spread misinformation, but I just want to make sure people know this is not the game being talked about.
  12. adamts01

zzzzzzzz

Come on OP. This is supposed to be a Planetside killer? Star Citizen maybe, and that's a big maybe. But 16 vs 16?
    • Up x 2
  13. Sazukata

I have to agree. Granted I'm outta here if/when Nova drops, but I don't think it will steal many people from the PS2 crowd. They need their Large Fights™.

OP exhibits the type of exaggerated speculation that comes up any time a microscopically similar game is on the way.
    • Up x 1
  14. Gustavo M

I don't know about you... but I'd rather play a 16v16 game without clientside and some serious flaws instead of a 90v90 game where all it takes is to open the notepad and edit a few lines to modify assets (including increasing the head hitbox size.)
  15. adamts01

This game has plenty of problems, but I can't go back to those small lobby shooters. But to each his own, those offer a lot that PS2 can't provide. I'm still subscribing and supporting this game, but I'd be more than willing to jump ship if something on this scale came out that didn't have so many of PS2's issues. But Nova definitely won't be that game for me.
  16. FateJH

Makes me curious how you got here in the first place.
  17. Gustavo M

Indeed. Might as well finish this up with "Sometimes less is more." Specially when "less" has more quality than "more".
  18. DarkStarAnubis

I dunno, but it would be great to have a game like 128v128 (or even 64v64) with sea/air/ground warfare on smallish maps (compared to a PS2 continent), that would be kind of sweep spot.

Despite ps2 size, the hundreds vs hundreds battle in one hex are long gone and forgotten. Having one (may be two) hex in which you have a 90v90 battle is the best scenario one can hope even if the engine could hundreds and hundreds --> given this, a serverside 64v64 may be a good compromise.

Having said that, I plan to stick with PS. I discovered it very late (last year) and I am going to enjoy it for as much as as possible. So many things to try, learn and master...
  19. Sprant Flere-Imsaho

Why do you continue to play this game and participate in its community if you dislike it so much? There are a hundred FPS's out there that will give you your 16x16 gameplay.