[BUG] Pulling a vehicle and getting shot at the same time

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SmittyJensen, Apr 15, 2018.

1. SmittyJensen

...kills you on the spot, doesn't pull a vehicle, and drains you of the vehicles nanite value. It shouldn't take the nanite cost from you if it doesn't actually generate a vehicle.
    • Up x 8
  2. MonnyMoony

Same with Maxes. I have had that happen to me several times.
    • Up x 1
  3. Prudentia

you payed for it
    you died
    nanites gone
    one of the more fun game mechanics because you know you can starve people of ressources if you kill them at the pad.
  4. Diilicious

uhm, no.

you dont "pay" for anything, this isnt equivalent to US Dollars... They are nanites, the nanites MAKE UP the vehicle that you asked for, if it didnt make the vehicle then it shouldnt decrease your nanite pool.

It is a bug.
    • Up x 2
  5. Prudentia

so you are saying we should rename nanites to acquisition points? ok, if you are more comfortable with that.
  6. FateJH

That's just a lore-based handwave. If the number of nanites used in the construction process were related to the product in terms of bulk or functionality, then a MAX would either be bigger or an MBT smaller. Or it would be that many times faster in terms of construction time. If you were paying nanites to acquire things, then your firearm wouldn't be free with the class change. Even the class change, with no extra resupply, wouldn't be perfectly free.

It's a vending machine chasing after balance. You're putting "money" into it and hoping a measure of balance comes out the other end. Sometimes it eats your money. It's just that simple.
    • Up x 1
  7. Diilicious

[IMG]

im going to stop you there, because thats all thats really needed to make my point, its lore based, as opposed to what they are claiming, which isnt.. therefore it should be one way and is another way that is detrimental to fun and people playing the game.
  8. Stoet

you go to a store.
    Order a drink
    Store closes before u get ur drink.
    To bad, no drink but u did pay.
    it's life.

Seems fair right ? you are kind of saying the same thing(only Real life u don't die, store just closes).
    • Up x 2
  9. FateJH

You really shouldn't because the next word is the most important one. It's a noun.
    It happens to me every now and then and I don't think it's derimental to my enjoyability. I guess it might if you believe your gameplay should be an unflappable power trip only roadblocked by superior opponents. I like the moments of vulnerability because those are the ones you really have to think carefully about what you are going to do. It's also not like I have to do anything in particular to get those resources back if they should end up squandered.

Resource acquisition and the denail of resource acquisition are terribly underutilized parts of the game these days.
  10. LodeTria

It's just a way for bads who can't shoot people to feel like they have some worth. Devs love bads after all.
    • Up x 4
  11. SmittyJensen

I think that is pretty accurate... except I'd say you order a drink, the store closes, the store clerk pushes you out of the store, takes 2 dollars out of your pocket, and locks the door. no drink for you.

If anything the game should generate an empty vehicle in this situation... or just refund the nanites.
  12. Davelantor

Maybe, you should pull vehicles from spawn screen :)
  13. HippoCryties

Get ... rekt
  14. HippoCryties

Like your flying vids on YT btw you are really good keep it up
    • Up x 1
  15. Davelantor

Cheers mate :)
  16. Fishpoke

After it happens a few times you log out. Its lame. It's fine people kill people at the vpad, that's been a thing forever. You just shouldn't lose resources you didn't get anything for and wait another 6-8 minutes to get it all back so you can spawn the vehicle some nearly 20 minutes after you initially spent resources, whatever you were going to do may now be completely irrelevant.
  17. Liewec123

[IMG]
  18. PlanetBound

You can spawn into a vehicle and deny the vehicle spawn vultures.
  19. Sprant Flere-Imsaho

This isn't an option if you need to pull a configuration other than you #1 slot/last pulled.
    • Up x 1
  20. infilallday

It does sound like a bug.

I love the vunerability of people at terminals though. Should have checked around before running blindly to a terminal thats out in the open. I will do my best to deny ground or air superiority, if thats cheese then call me Mickey.

The only way it wouldnt be a bug is if it still spawned the vehicle after you died, you could come back to the Vpad and theres your empty vehicle.