[HELP] Is Planetside geoblocked in India?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jinit Ayer, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Jinit Ayer

Hey guys! I have been playing this game for around 4 years but since last 5-6 months the launcher is failing to connect and I am unable to play!

I have tried doing all steps asked by Daybreak Support and also contacted my Internet Service provider. They sent me a professional engineer to find if the problem is from their end and failed to find anything. They don't block even a single and IP or port they said.

Recently I used a VPN and tried to open the game launcher and the launcher connected! I tried EU countries and US and the launcher connected like a charm. It even connected via China but fails to do so via India!

I love this game madly, I have not played any other game for years! Please tell me the truth! I deserve to know this after so much loyalty to this game. :)

Thank you. I hope this post is not violating any forum rules.
  2. adamts01

I'm sure Daybreak would have told you if they blocked players from India, so it must be a local problem, or somewhere between you and whatever server you're connecting to. At least you found a solution with a VPN. Maybe get the ports for the game and make sure your internet provider isn't blocking those. It might be possible for them to re-rout your signal to take a different path through the country, which is likely what your VPN is doing.
  3. JibbaJabba

This is going to be something with your local ISP or the backbone provider they connect to.

What is the error the launcher throws?
    You can try pointing your DNS to something generic like Googles farm, 8.8.8.8.
    If they are actually dropping traffic to some particular destination you'll need to reverse engineer the flow a bit with Wireshark or the similar. Find someone who can analyze a network capture for you. If traffic is getting dropped, try a tracert to that destination. The game doesn't use ICMP for gameplay obviously but the path may give you a clue as to who is dropping stuff.
  4. JibbaJabba

Network analysis is beyond they typical "kid who knows computer stuff" kung-fu. If you can get a Wireshark or netsh network capture of your connect attempt then post it on dropbox or somewhere I can reach I'll take a look for you.

If you don't know much, netsh is pretty easy-peasy way to capture..
    https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/ca...anything-capture-a-network-trace-of-a-reboot/

Do be tight with your data collection though. Start just before the repro, stop immediately after. Only do one failing attempt. I'm volunteering here, so don't send me a three story haystack to sift for the needle. :)

Turnaround time would vary depending on how often my butt visits the forums.
  5. Roxxlyy Community Relations

The commenters above have good suggestions on how to get around it, but I just wanted to pop in to assure you it's nothing from our end - we aren't blocking connections from India by any means.
    • Up x 2