[Suggestion] Taking matters into our own hands.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Arskov, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Arskov

Let's face it. Zerging is trash. It makes for trash players who think they're hot, it's boring for the team being zerged and just sitting in their spawn room 'cause there's a dozen MBTs shelling each door, it's boring for the zerglings themselves (with the exception of those worthless individuals who like being the zerging team, to whome I recommend that you never breed. Ever.), and it makes for a lousy new player experience. Honestly, there is not one good reason to zerg other than the usual "I R WINNAH U R LOSAH HAHAHA" nonsense.

The new system for locking and unlocking continents has also made this problem worse. How? Easy. Before there were always two continents open at a time. If one faction was zerging Esamir, for example, you might be able to go play on Indar. But now, especially later in the evening and early in the morning, the fights are constricted down to one server. Everyone is stuck on one server, and if there's a zergfit being toxic then we're all forced to deal with them. There's been many cases where my squad and I would just sit at the warpgate and fool around because there was no point in trying to fight off a 96+ zerg that was being thrown at a 12-24 base.

It's easy to point fingers. Yes, the Wild Cards on Connery are bad for this. Mori on Connery is bad for this. YLBT, iHoP, HHCN, RTAG, FPSK, all of these outfits are zerglings, and they come from all factions. It's not just the Vanu, it's not just the NC or the TR, it's all of us. All three factions have their toxic elements. The devs have promised us over and over that they would try and come up with a fix, but you can't fix human nature. You can't fix unpleasant people without banning them, and these zerglings are, in fact, cash cows for the devs. And furthermore, even if a fix is available someday it'll come at a great effort from the devs, who are doing their very best for us players. Whining at them is not going to help.

So, I propose that we take matters into our own hands. I suggest that we IMMEDIATELY boycott the zergfits on Connery. Yes, we will lose bases. Yes, we will lose alerts. But if the worthless zerglings are suddenly only getting trickles of EXP and certs from their despicable acts, it'll rain on their parade. Congrats, you've spent 45 minutes zerging the daylights out of one lane and got a dozen certs for your trouble because none of the players on the enemy team wanted to come put up with your nonsense!

How this will work is as follows: when a zergfit is doing their usual deeds, all players who encounter their group will immediately break off from the fight. Either they'll go to another continent or just find another fight. For example, say you're a TR player on Connery and you see the Wild Cards being their usual cancerous selves. That's when you redeploy and go play with the NC. This will, once properly executed, leave the zerglings with nothing to do but take empty bases for little to no reward.

Let me be clear. The ONLY reason these zergfits keep doing what they're doing is because they are profiting from it. If we take away that profit, which we as players can, eventually they will tire of being unable to play the game and will either A) stop zerging and start using actual skill to take bases, or B) they will simply quit the game, which greatly benefits the rest of us. Or C), they'll either start going on and on about how great they are or they'll whine incessantly. Either way, we'll have made our point.

Let's stand together, Planetside players. Let's show these zerglings that we will not tolerate their actions any further. Let there come a day when Planetside is about how good your teammates are, not how many of them they are.
  2. adamts01

I think a lack of competitive fights is the number one problem in this game, but you're not really offering any realistic solutions, and those players aren't entirely at fault. This game is designed in a way that it's most efficient to bring overwhelming numbers and steamroll lattice lines. It's also human nature to take the path of least resistance, so the game has to be designed around encouraging competitive encounters. I've got two suggestions.

• Adjust nanite generation based on local hex population disparity, separating infantry, ground vehicles, and air. Disproportionate numbers exponentially effect nanite generation. So the Zerg would quickly lose steam, while defenders and underdogs could spam consumables and vehicles.
    • Add more parallel lattice lines. It needs to be easier to to flank and cut off a mindless zerg, forcing it to break up.
    But, the devs have admitted to be working on a solution, and we have a new continent locking process in the works, so at this point we just need to wait and see which of the dozens of ideas they chose to run with.
    And I agree about Connery, it's often not worth playing once the Australians log off. I've lived in Asia since I started this game 2 years ago, and mostly only speak English, so I've had a particularly frustrating time.
    • Up x 3
  3. JadeSinn

first. you forgot to add Pale to that list of zergs. second. the reason why FPSK is so good at what they do is becuse there an organised zerg.

heres the issue on connory as it stands. yes theres zerging lots of it. but boycoting the zerg is not going to help.

what helps is teaching players tactics, insted of teaching them to zerg you teach them how to hold a point with a single squad.
    insted of leting enamy air zerg overwhelm you you teach the people how to use anti air maxes and anti are vehicals. or even how to fly in the game its self ( be it that flying is a pain in the *** nad hard to do for some people )

the issue with the zerg is simple. certen outfits are scooping up players and teaching them the bad habbits. teaching them not to redeploy when you need them at another base that is being ghost caped or teaching them how to move from base to base even insted of siting on one hex for 5 hours fighting the same group of zergers over nad over again.

body count does not win alerts. it loses them.

when you have 4-5 full platoons siting on one single base fighting the enamys 4-5 platoons that are there trying to take it or trying to defend it. your not acheving something. your just waisting time and holding up the zerg.

let the basterds take the base. pull thoughs platoons out of there and move them someplace they can be helpfull.

the other issue is the ignoring of the vanu when they triger an alert by both the TR and NC on connory insted of changing who there attacking the NC ignore the vanu and so do most of the TR. and they just fight eachother makeing the zerg larger.

some outfits such as the tarren kings and Burt try and compinsate by bouncing from hex to hex to try and stop the vonu's advance during there alurts but its never enough. not when nearly 70% of the TR pop is fighting 80% of the NC pop.

late night between 3 am mounten time and 8 am mountin time the vanu start to lose there player base. and NC and TR are able to win alerts. but at peek hours when the vanu have there full pop and wild cards and FPSK are on. we need to stop fighting eachother and start fighting the vanu.

if TR wants to win. they need to stop feeding the zerg yes. and start looking at what is going on on the map. so what NC didnt trigger the alert the vanu did. its time to attack the vanu. oh the nc triger the allert so attack them. same way with the TR TR trigers it and your vanu or nc you attack them.

insted its turning into 2 on one battles where on faction is ignoring the alert faction and only attacking the other faction that didnt triger the allert,

the easyst fix is this.

whoever triggers the alert is the faction that needs to be attacked by the other 2 factions.

if vanu triggers it. NC and TR need to stop fighting eachother and start fighting them.
    if its NC , vanu and TR need to attack them.
    if its TR vanu and NC need to attack them

no more fighting betwen the 2 that didnt triger it more fighting between the 2 that didnt agenst the one that did.

and outfit leaders need to start training there players and teaching them how to redeploy on demand. and how to follow orders from there PLs

if your in a platoon you need to be on your toes and more when your platoon leader or squad leader tells you to. not ignore them and just go off on your own and galavant off in a hex that your platoon is not in.

if you are told by a PL to take your *** back to warpgate to get in a gal to drop on a base then you better damn well do it . not dick around in a hex on the other side of the map.

so in short outfit leaders need to start teaching people how to listen. its one of the reasons also that there are so many zerglings the outfit leaders that are creating theses massive zergs are not teaching there players anything other then " if you go with this zerg you will get certs and kills " teach these people how to listen to orders. and we can see more alerts won on all factions not just 1
  4. Walking Shark

Zerging and griefing are the core design goals of the developers as the game stands. Sure their words say this isn't true, but look at the state of the game and the things they love: cloak flashes killing MBTs, C4, broken vanu hitboxes, and letting outfits centered around exploits and cheating like FPSK run rampant just because they spend money on the game. These developers don't give a single **** about the game (though they have to pretend to in public), they're punching a clock and adding checklist items to the CV so they can go get better jobs at a better game company when they finish destroying PS2.
  5. Ares8

All you connery players need to just switch to Emerald already. It's a great server with huge back and forth fights during primetime. The outfits on this server are very organized and communicate with each other. Zerging isn't such a issue here because there are so many fights going on usually, that you can pick a fight you like and ignore the zergs if you want.
  6. Doc Jim

This game is geared towards large fights and therefore toward zergs by design. Lattice, continent locking, unstable thingy... None of those things was present at launch, they were all added later to encourage players to gather up for a clusterfnck. At this point, zergs are not a bug, they are a feature. I'm not too happy about it myself, but this is where we are.

If you're angry about zergs, I suggest you go about remedying the underlying cause - game design - instead of raging against players who simply follow the incentives as given by the developers.
  7. Stoet

Best way to stop camping enemy spawnpoints ?
    make a spawned player not worth any certs for the first 10 seconds they would outside the spawnroom. ( he can be killed, he can kill, but is not worth anything).
    i know when we are doing a push and capping bases, we lock enemies in their spawn rooms aswell. but this is just for the time to cap the base, and we move out to the next. it's not a camping thing i keep doing, because i simply hate it.

i've been people say "put a wall infront of it so people can't shoot the door anymore" no ofc they won't shoot the doors, theyll shoot the walls u will appear from then. so that's moving the problem.

2nd possibility: make a "no explosion zone" out of spawn points. meaning that explosions won't cause dammage within a certrain range around a spawnroom. (normal guns could, since if u camp it as infantry.. well i can shoot you from inside right?).
    once i notice an area is being camping by MBT's trowing hesh after hesh after hesh, i switch to different area's, not even gonna try fighting them, since you would need to bring like 20 MBT's at once to knock them off quick.

just remove the profit people gain from long time camping. problem solved.
    • Up x 1
  8. JadeSinn

spawn room camping shouldnt be a thing to start with. why not put a barrier around the areas like we have at the warp gates put it around the outer edges of the " this is a restricted area" zones so that it stops bullets and exsplosives all together. and at the same time make it so people cant shoot out. let alone in. or something along them lines.

or simply put in more then one spawn point on a base. yeah some have teleporters you can take to go to other parts of a base but there not as usefull when people ignore them and just rush out the door even better put the spawn rooms under the map in a location that they cant be camped and force the players to play " pick a pipe " with like 5 telaporters that can spit you out in a another one some where in the base. not to hard to set up 5 teleporters or more and hide a spawn room under a base.

that would hide numbers and also make it so the peole defending can get out of there spawn in more then one or 2 ways.
  9. FateJH

Five meters away.
  10. Stoet

By this you create the same problem at a different place.
    There's always a place people would have to go to. meaning that way will be camped, no matter where u spawn, certain points you just got to pass.
    If you place a barrier around EVERY spawn room, the map is going to be covered in Barriers without any room to have a decent fight. people will be using this to fire, get back in, reload, go out and fire again. means u get .... camping! :D

The more then 1 spawn point is a decent option, numbers u can't hide, since u just XXL ur minimap and u can see the % of your numbers against the enemies, open the big map and u see 24-48 so u got aproximate numbers.
    But then again, people will camp the alernate routes/exits because you have to end up somewhere and get out somewhere. i think this will simply increase the vehicles u see but they'll be more devided around the area to camp every possible way out.

It's not going to be easy removing the camping, since it's part of the game, should make it less worth it to KEEP camping instead of taking the area and move on. ( i see alot of farm camping instead of capp camping, and i find those 2 a big difference).
    Make it not worth time time/effort to camp a base instead of capping it, solved, people will move on and we can all play again :D.