ASP cost and a few(unrelated) glaring balance issues

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MuggieWara, Apr 9, 2018.

1. MuggieWara

Im BR 116 and ive never been a full access member but as you can imagine,ive already unlocked most of the things i like in the game.In cases like mine,it could perhaps make sense to farm the 10k certs needed to do ASP as a F2P player.

But for people below the 100BR mark id never suggest dumping 10K certs on it.Theres simply too much important stuff to unlock,unless you have a VERY specific playstyle and dont want to spread out.So for them,the cost of a one month membership when they reach the 100BR mark seems almost mandatory.

Perhaps make it a bit cheaper for them?(5K certs for example?)I wouldn't mind getting the short end of the stick and spending double that or paying for a membership.The game has proven to me that it deserves my support but not everyone is like that.

--------------

Opinions on balancing some stuff(i never bi*ch about these most of the time but they are very obvious right now imo)

1)Harassers need some kind of nerf(potency or cost)
    2)Maxes need some kind of buff(survivability or cost)
    3)Ranger on a Harasser seems a bit OP.
  2. LtBomber1

Many people suggested making it cheaper, however, now it is too late, since some might allready have paid the full price.

On the other hand: You can play this game for free until BR100, with no limitations. Thats easily 1000h+. In most cases, the game should be worth the 15$, especially since you basically pay "after" playing and investing further in the future. If Planetside 2 was a gamebox for 15$ one time purchase...
    • Up x 3
  3. SteelMantis

I kind of agree that it's bad for free to players. I have never bought anything other than cosmetics myself but may end up getting a sub for ASP.

I would like the game a bit more if I didn't feel like I need a sub and if it were 5k certs I'd be more likely to get it with certs and keep my record clean as far as pay to win stuff goes.

Although I have gotten a good 2000 hours out of PS2 and 15 bucks for even half that wouldn't be a good deal, it'd be a great one.
  4. TheSunlikeOne

The major problem I can see with the ASP system is that:
    ... but members get it for free. As such, IMO it should've been the way, where: it's either all players should spend certs for ISP (it is still easier for members to get 10000 certs, thanks to XP multiplier and free daily certs) or none.
    • Up x 1
  5. JobiWan

No, members get it included in the price they pay for membership. It's not free.
    • Up x 1
  6. TheSunlikeOne

That wasn't my point. If ASP is promoted as "end game piece of content" then it either should cost 10K certs for everyone or be free for everyone (if by "grind" they've meant lvl).
    • Up x 1
  7. DmC187

Thats the point.
    10k certs are fine.
    ASP with no certs for members is fine.
    Give some bucks to a game that makes you play so much hours. Thats a mandatory.
    • Up x 5
  8. MuggieWara

I absolutely agree with all of you that spending $15 on PS2 is absolutely nothing if you ve spent tha houra needed to reach the 100BR mark.

My only concern,is how the 10K pricetag feeds the conspiracy-P2W nonsensical trolls who might be able to convince novice players that PS2 is not actually free to play.

And i have never seen a more genuinely free to play game than PS2.(with the exception of ones with payed cosmetics only)
    • Up x 1
  9. Prudentia

The most annoying thing isn't even the price... or the price for membership.. but that you absolutely MUST have a credit card to get membership and in europe credit cards aren't all that common...
  10. Luicanus

Really? I used my debit card?? I just bought DB cash via steam and used that for my membership.
  11. Prudentia

huh thats weird, just had a look and the "pay via steam" option i never saw before. but i still see no option to pay with Daybrake cash :p
  12. Luicanus

I may be misremembering thought it was DB cash I used but I may have just paid via the debit card on Steam.
  13. Diilicious

I used a debit card to get DBC from the daybreak website.
  14. Maximo474

I use a Debit card, via Paypal.
  15. VhynSeven

I made the math, if someone ever wanted to buy every single ability/tool/armor/utility/etc for every class (MAX included), it would cost a bit less than 72000 certs (71556 to be precise).
    At BR 120, a player has made an equivalent of 151000 certs in experience, plus every weapon that has been Auraxiumed gives a total of 232 certs (so around 1100 certs per directive weapon).
    So if a player chooses to pick only 2-3 classes, 3-4 vehicles, I think he actually can save the 10K certs.
  16. Xebov

Im not sure how you made the math, but im sure its wrong. If i look at my VS i have ~340k certs. ~330k are spend and im not even close at having remotely anything.
    • Up x 1
  17. VhynSeven

I used the PlanetSide2 Wikia, I did not check if the values are all correct and up to date, so I may admit I can be slightly off.
    Still I think my point stay accurate : if someone does not spread too much and only play 2-3 classes and a few vehicles, saving the 10K certs is doable.
  18. Villanuk

Some bucks, well this is where PS2, fall down on their membership cost.

They should offer a lower version for those who only want to play PS2, with benefits. It does not warrant £80 p/a ( the cheapest if you sign up for 12 months )

If it was around £40, i would pay for it, and im sure many more would do as well.
  19. breeje

i just wish DBG had a weekend membership
    as a current member i only have time to play in the weekends, so i hate it to pay for the entire week
    i don't even have time to log in for the free daily certs
    same thing with the boosts, i need a boost that only counts down when i am actually playing this game
  20. Xebov

It is.