ASP has no love for the infiltrator

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by borgqueenx, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Ven Moonwall

I honestly think y'all should have at least given something to replace the carbines when y'all pulled that perk. Just saying alright no more carbines so now you get.... nades, just nades, is not okay. especially leaving it like that when it first updates to live makes it feel like you are giving us infiltrators a big middle finger.

I normally don't have too much to say about the changes y'all make, but this one hurt.
  2. Hegeteus

If only someone taught monkeys to spot cloaked enemies...
    • Up x 3
  3. SquirtAttack

Now I know you are pulling stuff out of your *** with a statement like that, kid. Keep trying to justify your ridiculous comments.

You may have had accounts for a while but you haven't learned very much if you believe what you just wrote. And furthermore, to each there own, kid. Who are you to tell me that I would be better off with a nade then with a slightly slower to draw SMG secondary??? If you REALLY played an infiltrator any significant length of time you would realize a bolter primary and a smg secondary would be AWESOME!

Stop being so daft, kid, and admit that you don't know jack about what would be best for an infiltrator.
    • Up x 1
  4. Calissai

Ohh please!

We BEG YOU for dual wielding pistol perk for stalker.

Pretty pretty please
  5. Zak Preston

I hope that the next perks you will add for Infils in the future won't be something like yet another grenade (AV one?) while other classes (for example) get carbines and assault rifles in secondary slot :)
  6. CplRDaWiggy

Might I suggest "new player insta-gib"?

Because thats all you're doing. Giving vets more means of farming new players will do what exactly in terms of player retention?

Bravo on rushing the update btw. I saw that Cyrious guy was organizing an event on Saturday to offer you ASP feedback, guess thats how you show the community how highly you value their insight.
    • Up x 2
  7. Destroyer0370

Maybe Give Infiltrators access equip a Medic gun or repair tool for ASP. It is non lethal stuff, and would be fun to heal and revive people then go hide, heheh.

I see why they rolled back the carbine thing, as it can be too powerful. Infiltrators, especially stalker infitrators, have the advantage most of the time with surprise and cloak, one of the tools, when used smartly, can make them a dangrous threat.
    • Up x 1
  8. Corezer

you sure do like saying "kid" a lot, you must be like 40...
  9. DemonicTreerat

Too bad "the future" does jack all to solve any problems in the NOW. And that is the big problem here. The developers are assuming everything will work out just fine so they've gone off to work on patch 8.xx etc. Yet as players can attest there are plenty of problems right now with this whole ASP that need to be fixed or it will cause issues. Infiltrators getting the short end was just one issue but its a perfect poster child for the whole problem. Namely that you guys are always about four patches behind with major fixes to bugs & balance, by which time the issues have gotten worse due to the stuff you added.

Fix what you broke first, THEN worry about adding new stuff.
    Because I can't be the only player who is getting sick of this non-stop carousel where to be competitive we have to reroll to the flavor of the month that then gets changed. At some point we're going to say to hell with it and stop spending money.
    • Up x 1
  10. Tasogie

I play my sniper all time, I sjut stay away form the middle. I did notice now though if you tangle with a heavy upclose, he jsut whips out shotgun an 1 hits you.
  11. Luicanus

Implementation might be difficult, that said, if you made it the 3rd weapons slot it could work. Eg, Slot 1 Blackhand, Slot 2 Commisioner, Slot 3 Dual wield.
  12. Calissai

Oh MY BAD, not what I ment. Not dual wielding meaning shooting with 2 pistols at the same time.
    I ment a pistol weapon in primary slot, and second pistol in secondary slot. Switchable. Thats it :)
    • Up x 2
  13. Luicanus

Ahh, but now I'm thinking about it two commies would be pretty fun, jut use the MAX fire-mode meaning no aim down sights which would make it a little less OP.
  14. Daigons

Where are the ASP Shotguns, C4, and Vehicle Hacking perks for Infiltrators?
    • Up x 1
  15. stalkish

You cannot equip 2 of the same weapon, even if you have the ASP option enabled.....

Kinda lame since my bro spent his ASP point on the engi secondary shotgun, because he wanted to roll around with 2 pistons (and reminisce using 2 Jackhammers like that in PS1), but alas he can only equip the piston once.

This is not mentioned in the description either iirc.
    • Up x 1
  16. Luicanus

Yeah I realized this after posting that comment, tried to double up on my AE Armistice as I'm trying to Auraxium it.

A shame, but if they really wanted to they could make an exception for dual wielding.

And yes I did notice that the no doubling up was not mentioned, honestly it wouldn't have changed my decision to get LA SMG secondary but would have been nice to know in advance.
  17. SquirtAttack

[IMG]

If that is all you have to say, kid... then I'll take it. You won!
  18. Corporate Thug

NO! No SMG for your stalker! It's already exhausting enough to guard against you lurking around fights when I know you're there :(
    • Up x 2
  19. SquirtAttack

That is fine... you can disable it for the stalker if you want, but enable it for the hunter cloakers.
  20. customer548

I'd rather have new tools or new tasks to fullfill for Infis. Rather than being able to swap to any random weapon.

Because we do NOT NEED it. TTK is extremly short (most of players die very quickly during fights in this game, except HAs for some of them and Maxes). Do you need to swap to another short/med./long range weapon ? Well just swap to another loadout or class when respawning.

I think there is way too many people making such a fuss about ASP abilities. Dramas everywhere for no real reason. Just Cert your different classes, then swap from one to another.

Buffing Stalkers ? Just go to Nano-Armor or Hunter Cloaking and stop being so passive. Just MOVE and fight in effective ways. You'll get plenty of effective weapons. Your Stalker cloak is already more than needed effective in my opinion. I'll not mention the use of instakill knives + Stalker cloak.

Bolt rifle + Smg ? We already have scout rifles which are effective at short / med...and long range if you counter-snipe unskilled (no offense here) snipers. And again, you want to go from long range to short range ? Swap to your pistol and fight (Where were your AI mines, your EMP ?)... Or just run away then respawn and change your loadout. Or swap to another class.

I would definitly prefer to have access to the Engi repair tool in order to be able to repair my Flash when needed. We need it in order to be able to fight Harrassers and tanks in effective ways.
    (But I guess it would lead to most pple going Infi in tanks or harassers in order to avoid being killed after the destruction of their vehicule.)
    So an Infi repair tool for Flashes ONLY would be nice. A downgrade of Engies Repair tool.

New content for Infi woud be nice. No new weapons. Just new tools or new tasks to fullfill. I mean, we are supposed to be THE class dealing with high-end technologies like self-cloaking , radar and hacking. But we have nothing else to hack but barely useful terminals and turrets.

*** Dear Devs, PLEASE give us more tasks to fullfill. (I'll not talk about the idea of hacking vehicules, I don't really get the real interest of it for now. And on a sidenote, we do not need any AV weaponery of any kind).
    Maybe let us be able to hack any buildings in order to unlock those for teammates, or counter opponents who would try to hack our bases while random Infantry is fighting? Or create a new Ressource dealing with recognition / communications ( Where is that damn Infi flying drone ? :( ). Killing stuff is cool, but please give us new tools or new tasks. We already have more than enough weapons.

(Sorry for bad nEglish :eek: )
    • Up x 1